Sign in to follow this  

Advanced AA ?

Hi Steve thanks for the time and effort invested into DX10, much appreciated, but has anyone managed to get good AA be it forced, on dx10. I love the AA in DX9- I have the free Avsim patches installed, and love the benefit DX10 brings, but not having any luck with Nvidia Inpsector. Have read the guides and AA is on in FSX.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Hi Steve thanks for the time and effort invested into DX10, much appreciated, but has anyone managed to get good AA be it forced, on dx10. I love the AA in DX9- I have the free Avsim patches installed, and love the benefit DX10 brings, but not having any luck with Nvidia Inpsector. Have read the guides and AA is on in FSX.

For me also AA is not as good as DX9 was, however, the other benefits out way this . How bad is your AA? Screen shot?

For me also AA is not as good as DX9 was, however, the other benefits out way this . How bad is your AA? Screen shot?

The only way for me to get AA working is through SweetFX and ticking the SMAA option - no other AA works for me, nothing with NI or ingame AA - Its not bad per se, but just I like smoother edges lol

posted a few shots in screentshot forums of DX10 shots.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442618-dx10-at-dusk/

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I posted some screenshots on my blog - try replicating exactly the same AA settings in DX9 and DX10 as I did.

The only way for me to get AA working is through SweetFX and ticking the SMAA option - no other AA works for me, nothing with NI or ingame AA - Its not bad per se, but just I like smoother edges lol

You are kidding right? Those shots are as smooth as you could hope for, not sure what your complaint is now. Daytime time shots would be more helpful.

Just so you know, normal AA (and SGSS AA) will not work if you use SweetFX (even if you disable SMAA in the SweetFX ini). That might be why you are having problems.

Just so you know, normal AA (and SGSS AA) will not work if you use SweetFX (even if you disable SMAA in the SweetFX ini). That might be why you are having problems.

Stopped using ENB due to not being able to change on-the-fly, but I cant use stock FSX because the colours are sooo bland. Guess im just going to have to stick with the level of AA offered in dx10. Tried Steves AA settings from his blog added, doesnt seem to make any difference.

spacer.png

Nvidia control panel, Manage 3D Settings page, Restore to set profile defaults, then try AA from there.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

... Really?

Maybe i missed something, but i am using SweetFX together with FSX's DX10 as provided by Steve's great DX10 fix and having no issues in regards to AA at all ...

Sure:

DX10's AA may not be as supersmooth as DX9#s AA, but that is due to DX10 handling AA differently than DX9 as far as i am aware of.

But even then: All looking real nice here at my end - even with SweetFX in use!

Nvidia control panel, Manage 3D Settings page, Restore to set profile defaults, then try AA from there.

+1

Indeed - that was the reason why i had issues with AA at first as well.

Cheers, Christoph

... Really?

Maybe i missed something, but i am using SweetFX together with FSX's DX10 as provided by Steve's great DX10 fix and having no issues in regards to AA at all ...

Sure:

DX10's AA may not be as supersmooth as DX9#s AA, but that is due to DX10 handling AA differently than DX9 as far as i am aware of.

But even then: All looking real nice here at my end - even with SweetFX in use!

You don't have SMAA enabled? I dunno, but I never got any AA bar SMAA to work with SweetFX so I assumed the two didn't gel. I also read a few posts by others confirming so I left it to rest. Might have to revisit some time. Perhaps an older version worked....

You don't have SMAA enabled? I dunno, but I never got any AA bar SMAA to work with SweetFX so I assumed the two didn't gel. I also read a few posts by others confirming so I left it to rest. Might have to revisit some time. Perhaps an older version worked....

Hi Socks!

I don't have my current settings at hand, but i will recheck as soon as my time allows it and then post them here.

I will try to do so either today or tomorrow, if time allows it - but it will certainly happen this weekend sometime! So if You are still interested then, please stay tuned! Sorry for any potential delay from my side here in advance though until Sunday!

:smile: