Sign in to follow this  
jbeauf

question about feelthere E-jets (175 and 195)

hi there,

i know it's not a new add-on but i was wondering if anyone could tell me the 'requirements' in order to get VNAV working on the feelthere e-jets v2 (175 and 195).

I've tried following the manual but i must be missing something as VNAV just will not arm or select for me after take-off.

i was hoping someone with experience of this addon might be able to give a list of things that must be satisfied in order for VNAV to work in this unusual bird.

eg....

- A/T on and armed

- Speed controller set to FMS

- Climb power set ?

- etc

- etc

thanks in advance if anyone can help

james

Make sure you use the altitude select knob on the autopilot panel. I usually just turn it up to my cruise altitude, hit vnav, and let the autopilot do the rest.

Make sure you use the altitude select knob on the autopilot panel. I usually just turn it up to my cruise altitude, hit vnav, and let the autopilot do the rest.

altitude is always set up in the alt window before take-off (usually for an intermediate alt like 6,000) but still, I've had problems with vnav not being selectable.       this isnt the cause of my issue but thanks any way.

PERF INIT complete and a complete flightplan (departure runway, no discontinuities) are coming to my mind, as well.

you might be on to something here. this might be an area i have missed something.  thank you olli, i will take a look here.

james.

so my problem was that I had not entered the aircraft weight in the PERF INIT page.   so you were right Olli - thanks for the help.         i now have vnav   (smile)

the next problem i have with the feelThere E175 / E195 is that after take off, as soon as I engage any flight director mode (eg... HDG, NAV or IAS or VS, etc, the dual line / cross hair flight director indications are (permanently) replaced with an awful flight path angle (FPA) "bird" depiction.

I can't get the normal dual line / cross hair flight director back once this happens.

- there is no setting in the CONFIGURATOR for the FD type.

- i checked the INI doc in the aircraft folder and there is nothing there for that either.

any clues?

thanks

james

no problem, thanks for your help any way Olli.     Perhaps this plane only has a flight path flight director... although that would seem very unusual.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Welcome New Members!" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The Op joined 2 days ago, and is banned already ? LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Maybe an IP address or e-mail address issue? (Like in "re-entry"? :P)

You don't think it's........you know......ohhhh what's his name ? :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 5/20/2014 at 6:58 PM, jbeauf said:

the next problem i have with the feelThere E175 / E195 is that after take off, as soon as I engage any flight director mode (eg... HDG, NAV or IAS or VS, etc, the dual line / cross hair flight director indications are (permanently) replaced with an awful flight path angle (FPA) "bird" depiction.

I can't get the normal dual line / cross hair flight director back once this happens.

- there is no setting in the CONFIGURATOR for the FD type.

- i checked the INI doc in the aircraft folder and there is nothing there for that either.

any clues?

James, the crosshair FD is only for TOGA mode.

Edited by kdevies