Sign in to follow this  
dbadin

Config manager for Flight 1, FS9 and Windows 8.1

Good morning every one!

I have read that my problem is known because many users have given solutions on different forum, however none are for my system.

I had Windows XP and FS9 and the Config manager of my Flight one ATR run perfectly.

Now, I have Windows 8.1 and always FS9 and there are some problems.

When I run this Config Manager, an error occurs "Error 429, ActiveX cannot create the object" (In French)

I have downloaded smartsubclass.dll in Windows/System32 as said in the Flight 1 forum but the prompt "regsvr smartsubclass.dll" don't match; it's a problem of compatibility between smartsubclass, regsvr32.exe and the 32 bits version of Windows 8.1.

I were very happy to can use the config-manager with my ATR 72-500, can somebody help me?

Thanks!

Perhaps the following link will help:

http://atr.flight1.net/forums/429-error-fix_topic5473.html

You might have your Anti-virus or some other type of security software that will not allow certain files to be installed or to make a registry entry. If the product is not properly installed, then it won't work. This is why we recommend you make sure you turn off any anti-virus program and run the installation program "as an Administrator".

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for your fast answer.

I try immediately the proposed solution !

Best regards,

D BADIN

Dear Firehawk44!

Wonderful.

The link is very clear and my problem is solved.

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Daniel

Thanks great news Daniel.  Glad it is working for you!  Let's hope it stays that way!  Thanks for reporting back.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10