Sign in to follow this  
simdown42

UTX and Vector Query

Hi

I'm not trying to start a comparison war but I recently uninstalled ORBX Vector 1.15 because of multiple elevation issues with third party airports including Aerosoft Madeira X. I was hoping someone who has UTX Europe working with FTX Global would please tell me if these third party elevation issues are happening with UTX Europe. I mainly want to fly in FTX Global Europe as I have a lot of Aerosoft airports there. I am really only looking for an efficient replacement for Vector for Europe. Would UTX cause elevation issues in ORBX regions eg England as I've found Vector does?

Many thanks for any advice

simdown42 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can use the Vector Configurator to disable vector for those airports which you have issues.

Thanks for your reply FlyCathay. I have tried the configurator. It is not very helpful, especially in version 1.15 where lots of airports that need disabling are missing from the enabled side unlike version 1.10 which included more airports. Many people in the ORBX forum have experienced elevation troubles with Vector despite the configurator. The whole point is I would like something where I am not spending more time with a configurator than flying. I was hoping UTX might be the answer and run smoothly without all the disabling hastles. If you have to disable heaps of third party airports there is not much point in having Vector. I really wanted to know if UTX has the same elevation problems.

Thanks again

Cheers

simdown42.

Would UTX cause elevation issues in ORBX regions eg England as I've found Vector does?

UTX (any region) will not cause any elevation issues in any full Orbx region, such as England.  The reason is because the full Orbx regions have everything they need contained within: mesh, vector data, textures, etc.  As long as they are positioned on top in the scenery library (which is where they get put by default when you switch to them), they override every other bit of scenery for that location, whether it's default or third party.

The other stuff like FTX Global & FTX Vector, work in tandem with whatever other scenery addons you might have installed, sometimes not so successfully, as you've found out.

Thanks

I suppose what I'm trying to find out is. Will UTX Europe cause the elevation problems I'm having using FTX Vector with third party airports?

Thanks

simdown42