Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Important: for A2A C172 Trainer Owners

Hi Mike2060,

That's correct. This is what I did and it was straightforward and fast. A2A accepted in good faith my undertaking to uninstall  FSX (i.e. to honour their stated UELA requirements), then once I ordered the P3D version and sent them my order number I was promptly refunded the FULL price I originally paid for my FSX version.

Yes, there's an element of trust involved I suppose, since for a short period you paid twice! But in effect it's merely a swap of versions that took place quickly and transparently, for me anyway, so no annoyance here. Seems their integrity shows in more than just the planes they build. 

Best, 

Thank you for the help guys. I bought the P3D version and have emailed them to get the refund.

Sigh, they only sent me back $30 instead of the full $50. I only realized this now that I got my credit card statement. Anyone else had this happen to them?

I wanted to exchange my FSX license for a P3D one, which I understood to be free of charge. All I would have to do is purchase a P3D license and then they would refund me back the $49.99.

mike2060, I think it's too late. As I understand, they honored rebates requests untill the end of June...

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

mike2060, I think it's too late. As I understand, they honored rebates requests untill the end of June...

This was done last month. I only now realized they refunded me only $30 instead of $50.

There were two different rebate options:

1.) $30 off to FSX customers, who had purchased the FSX version, who also wanted to purchase the P3D version.

2.) A $49.99 rebate/trade-in to customers who had purchased the FSX version, and wanted to trade it in for the P3D version.

Mike2060, you should check your email to see if you still have an active FSX license.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Anything I can do now to trade in or upgrade my fsx version to p3d v2?

You would have to go over to the A2A forums and plead your case or email them directly (probably a better option at this late stage).

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

In May 2014 A2A said

For 30 days after launch, existing C172 Trainer customers can take advantage of the $30 bundle discount and P3D-only customers can opt for a one time option to relinquish their FSX license and apply its full purchase price towards a P3D only license

Aren't you a bit late?

Um obviously.... If you're quote is accurate...And I understand it is, that is why I'm asking people in the know if there is any way. Thanks for your lack of assistance in this matter, and your effort to do so MGH...

If you think the add-on is worth it at the price then buy it  - if don't don't then don't buy it. That seems to the the way.

Have you tried installing the fsx version in P3D using the EMT? It works just fine.