Sign in to follow this  
Civvy

777/OOM & IRS

I'm flying EGLL to LGIR today, and had read a good idea to avoid OOM. By saving my flight after TOD and restarting FSX; thus resetting VAS. The problem is I lost my IRS so now I can't even leave the cockpit for a pee!

The only add on in scenery checked is EGLL. my MBP & PC both suffer with long hauls.

Any suggestions how to save the IRS aswell?

Your saved flight should have saved your whole current panel state, so I have no clue why your irs loaded up un-initialized. Hopefully someone else knows. I've never seen that before when resuming a saved flight

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Seems like corrupt saved panel state. I do this all the time with no issues.

I'm flying EGLL to LGIR today, and had read a good idea to avoid OOM. By saving my flight after TOD and restarting FSX; thus resetting VAS.

As others have noted, saving a flight usually works fine and restores the plane to how it was when it was saved. FSUIPC's autosave works fine too.  Did everything else work OK -- flight plan showing in CDU, autopilot in same modes, etc?

I have occasionally had experiences where nothing of the panel state was saved, for unknown reasons. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Everything else fine, plan remains in CDU etc. all except IRS needs realigning. Even both LNAV & VNAV buttons light up. But it doesn't remain on track.

Since you restarted FSX, rather than loading the flight on top of an existing PMDG flight, I'm really puzzled.  One long shot: if the battery switch is off or possibly a bus is disconnected, maybe when the plane reloads it takes a few seconds for the engines to spin up and for an instant there is no electricity to the ADIRUs.  In normal flight you wouldn't notice because the engine generators are supplying electricity, but on a reload the generators are off-line long enough to cause an ADIRU failure? 

Sometimes a frequently used startup or in-flight panel state gets corrupt and the same peculiar error keeps showing up.  Just something to think about if it happens again.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

tried again today, EGLL to KJFK at sunset. Requested pause at TOD so I could restart. After restart, it had lost the IRS. - Gutted!

I should try with the NGX and report.

tried again today, EGLL to KJFK at sunset. Requested pause at TOD so I could restart. After restart, it had lost the IRS. - Gutted!

Did you start at EGLL with a new situation, or did you reload a previous situation at EGLL?  If you reloaded a previous situation, it may have had the same corrupt panel state or other file that caused you earlier problems.

Also, what is your default startup panel state and where did you get it from?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2