Sign in to follow this  
ludo1426

Blurries on P3D !

Hello everybody,

It seems that this subject is not new on the Forum.

I come from X-Plane and I became a P3D simer. I really love the 2 sims, but 1 thing, in P3D I have a lot of Blurries.

I never seems this Blurries in X-Plane, but as I see videos about FSX/P3D on Youtube, it seems I'm not the only one who have blurry. Lot of simers seems to have blurry :

After 2 or 3 min of flight (or past 4000 foots), the ground become totally blurry, with no Autogen...

I'm not here to criticize or compare sims, but only to find a solution at my problem of Blurry :

Exemple in X-Plane : 

Exemple in P3D with Photo scenery : 

(The mountain seems Blurries. In my P3D it is worst !!!)

I have a i7 4960x with 6 cores and 12 Threads.

So maybe I should lower my setting and put AM=62 (or 1364 if I want to use the Threads).

I have a GTX780 Titan Black OC (so quite a good graphic card) but I use it with 5 Samsung 32" Full HD screen (to have a Full 120° view cockpit.

So I guess that will eat a lot of GPU.

I think that the i7 4960x OC (@ 42 Ghz)  is enough in term of CPU, but maybe the blurries come from my high setting. I have put 2/3 setting and I have between 15 to 25 FPS (sometimes in some places I can lower to 9-10, why, I don't know...).

In P3D pages, they wrote some advanced performance tuning. The only matter is that every system is different (exemple : with my 6 cores I can't use AM=14 !), and I really don't know which one using with which number (Exemple : textureMaxLoad=6 Maybe I could write 9 or I saw that some people have wrote 30 some other 600, so I really don't know).

I heard about someone called FSX Genious, but after seeing Froogle videos and saw some Posts on this Forum, I prefer not to work with him.

A lot of you are P3D expert and maybe you have ever saw this Blurry problem and can help me solve it.

I tried Fiber Frame Time Fraction = 0.40 but didn't seen any changes appart the charging time which passes from 3 minutes to 5 minutes !

Here are my Spec :

i7 4960x @4,2 Ghz

SSD Samsung Evo 1 To

GTX Titan Black DDR5 6 Go

32 Go DDR3 2400 Mhz

Watercooling

5 32" Screens

REX4

ASN

FranceVFR PhotoHD

OpenVFR

Megascenery earth

Truelandscape

ORBX Global

My Traffic

In P3D I have :

FXAA : On

MSAA : No

Texture filtering : 8x (because someone told me it can decrease blurry, but it seems not !!)

Level of detail Radius : Very high

Tesseleration : High

Mesh : 5m

Texture resolution : 30 cm

Scenery complexity, autogen... : Very high

HDR : Off (because it seems to decrease my Framerate)

Internal vehicule shadow only.

Waiting for your answer

Kind regards

Ludovic

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=6
Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip: 
CAN induce stutters! Use multiples of 3 *ONLY* (3, 6, 9 etc) perfect for Photorealistic scenery

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30
Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip: 
This variable is the number of frames that the terrain engine will wait for terrain textures to be loaded into video memory before forcing new tiles of terrain triangles to be rendered.

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1

Performance Tuning Tip: 
Using this rebuilds your shader cache by incrementing the number each time you make a change to the Prepar3D.cfg.

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Performance Tuning Tip: 
Prepar3D runs best with one thread per physical processor core. By default, the application will create one thread per physical processor core. On quad core plus machines, the application will leave the first physical core open to allow the operating system, drivers, and other programs to run without interfering. Please note that many AMD processors that are marketed as 4 or 8 core processors really have 2 or 4 physical cores with something analogous to hyper-threading, so the default of one thread on every other core is still the intended behaviour. The easiest method for modifying the affinity mask is to open the windows calculator in programmer view, select the binary display mode, and flip the bits in the binary number displayed to select which cores the application should run on. Note that the cores are represented right to left. /dd>

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Performance Tuning Tip: 
This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

I am also getting blurries at certain times using FTX Global with a very fast computer which is listed in my profile.  Have tried the above tweaks without success.  It may be a Nvidia driver issue.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I too experience blurries in P3D... 

i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 4 core 8 threads

GTX 780ti

Shouldn't be any reason for slow loading of textures and the horrendous blurries I am getting...

Good info on the bottom of your post. I may have to try those! 

All of you getting 'blurries' with nothing but a stock Prepar3D?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

For me the infinity mask 15 (to use all 4 cores) gets rid of the blurries.  I'm not sure that will help here but I'd certainly give it a try.  Run with HT off and try setting affinity mask via task manager to use all six cores.  I don't use photoscenery though.

I think the source of your problem is 5 full hd monitors. Even though you have titan black it's still too much. GPU can't keep up loading textures at high resolution. I had 3 monitors but I gave up because of the same reason (although I have only gtx 680). I am using single projector now on 60inch screen, of course outside view is not as beautiful as with 3 monitors but immersion is much better.

Thank you all of you for your answer.

Here are some photos of what I can see in my P3D :

nml9.png

vgvy.png

qvbz.png

I've put almost all my setting down but still have some blurries.

I understand that maybe my 5 screen is too much, even for a 780 Titan Black, but I have down all my setting, and I have almost 30-35 FPS, so I have blocked them to 25, whiching the Blurries diseaper (Less FPS, the computer have time to show more terrain).

But it didn't seems to change anything !!

I also use X-Plane and I have almost all the setting at Max and no Blurries, with 25-30 FPS...

For telling the truth, I'm really sad, because I had a lot of hope that P3D will be perfect. I use REX4, which is perfect, ASN, ORBX Global that have so beautifull textures, Megasceneryearth, FranceVFR, OpenVFR... So I have invested so much in this Sim and have so hope that I'm really sad to have this result.

I tried every setting (AM=4092, AM = 1364.... all the Swap_wait....) but nothing seems to change and the Blurries are there !

I'm making a home cockpit, so P3D is better for me than X-Plane in term of setting the Cockpit.

Maybe someone will find one day a solution...

Ludovic

I find this blurries subject very interesting.

My specs are not the best. Only running an i7920 @3.4ghz with an EVGA GTX680, but don't see any blurries at all.

I keep my computer clean and free of any programs running in the background hogging cpu/memory, regularly defragged with ultimate defrag.

No tweaks at all apart from the affinity mask in the task manager. 

Uh... I think ludo1426 is using a Mac... I think... cuz his specs say his video board manufacturer is 'Apple Mac'

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ludo...your pics in your post...is what is happening on my monitor...as well.  It was not this bad, even three days ago. Somehow, something is happening after each session running of P3D/ORBX products...with degradation added cumulatively, until you can't run P3D/Orbx Global even in session 5 minutes, before you have to punch out, because the terrain/world has gone to garbage, and as you also state, no auto-gen being rendered as well, on-top of the splotches of what used to be Orbx Global!!! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a totally tweak-free .cfg file...and that does nothing to keep graphics looking like anything other than a dog's breakfast....

This is very disappointing. The sim on the whole has fabulous features....but the world blurring out...P3D or Orbx, or both of them, have a serious hurdle/problem, here.  This also happens with ORBX regions. I wonder if our 2/4 GB memory banks,and the GPU, can't handle the Tessellation routines in the coding....and the rendering to the buffers falls behind...and your terrain degrades to something unrecognizable within 10-15 minutes of program running?!?!?

OR....

I am starting to think that perhaps, P3D, can't handle ORBX, or the other way around...ORBX is not truly, a P3D 'fully compatible' product...Global for one.

It has to be one way or the other.

I am almost tempted to jump back into a new vanilla install of P3D...and see if any of their 'comes-with-the-program' textures and autogen, blurs out, at any altitude, or at any length of use.  

Or, if someone has only a vanilla...(as installed...no add ons of any kind...) you might want to cherp in here...and tell us...do you have blurs of any kind...or does everything stay clear and crisp and for the entire period of use.

If it is truly ORBX Global that is not 100 percent compatible with DX11, etc...then I might just seriously go Vanilla...and run FSX for all my ORBX, that does NOT blur...'cause it was created for DX9.

1 monitor, 1920x1080, NVIDIA Driver 320.78 (old driver) default P3Dv2 textures, NO .cfg tweaking, no NVIDIA INSPECTOR= amazing on my computer, love this sim.

1 monitor, 1920x1080, NVIDIA Driver 320.78 (old driver) default P3Dv2 textures, NO .cfg tweaking, no NVIDIA INSPECTOR= amazing on my computer, love this sim.

Right....perhaps, it is the Vanilla Edition that works, and works well. I know it did, before I started to add all my ORBX scenery, airports, as well as other port over's from FSX. I understood/understand, that LM is only responsible for how their product works...and not how it works, if you add into it. I can live with a Vanilla...for it gave me fantastic performance, and you still get the feature set beyond what FSX had available...no problem. That's why I never would have deleted FSX, and what works for it...and more importantly, what was created FOR it.

Now..whether Orbx, and all other players will write/create directly into P3D, leaves to be seen. This degradation of custom add-on textures is across enough systems on Avsim, as reported, that there certainly is a problem...and not something...that is 'the other guy's/gal's problem'. I'm sure LM will be looking into this...along with those that have a huge stake, for this to be put to rest. I'll keep using P3D of course...and will wait for a solution from LM, and perhaps from those whose add-on products a lot of us are using, or want to use with P3D.

P3D in my personal opinion, is a great product. This will be all worked out. I can wait, for there is great pressure upon all players to have this resolved. Money....or the loss of potential future income, is a strong motivator......

P3D in my personal opinion, is a great product.  This will be all worked out. I can wait, for there is great pressure upon all players to have this resolved. Money....or the loss of potential future income, is a strong motivator......

I'm agree with you. I'm only sad because I had a lot of hope with this Sim (and I invest a lot lot of money !!), and P3D without Editors and Add-ons is not so great. The power of FSX and now P3D is precisely the editors that offer a much better sim.

Here are the results I had this afternoon in keeping of the Threads in BIOS setting and add more power in the CPU (4,8 Ghz now). The scenery is FranceVFR with FranceVFR autogen, so it's not ORBX autogen.

8j1s.png

2bu6.png

r12w.png

I spoke in the Forum "Pilote-Virtuel" and they asked me to test with only 1 screen and without OC the CPU, than if it works great add 1 other screen...

For the moment I Fly with X-Plane which works perfectly with very hight setting with my conf. If we can have the Great editors (REX, FSUIPC, ASN, Opus, A2A, FSPS, ORBX, OpenVFR, FranceVFR, Megasceneryearth...) on X-Plane, I think it should be so great in term of experience. 

But it seems that these editors don't want to developp for X-Plane. Why ? I really don't know. Maybe because X-Plane is not very secure or not made for Editors Add-on....

In X-Plane I have no Blurries, I don't understand why I have some with P3D with less setting level ?!

I hope someone from P3D will see this post...

Thanks a lot everyone

Ludovic