Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

simHeaven download problems

Hello all,

I fancied downloading some ZL17 photosceneries of the UK, so off to simHeaven I went.

However, every scenery I click on in the 'GBR' section seems to return an error that the service is unavailable, at the point of clicking on 'I do agree'

Anyone else having problems, or is it local to my connection, I wonder?

Thanks

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

The download speeds from SimHeaven are far from heavenly!  Also, you can only get one file at a time.  You can NOT use a download manager program at all - their servers are set up to detect and block that.  IOW, no "FlashGet" or anything like it!

Try a different web browser (Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox) other than the one you're having troubles with.  Also, try turning off your Internet Security software briefly to see if that's causing the trouble.  Finally, you may need to flush out your cached (stored) Internet pages.

Finally, your download will take a very long time to complete, even if you have a high speed Internet, because I think the SimHeaven website must be very overburdened.  Makes sense, because their scenery is THE BEST 'add' I've put onto X-Plane 'lately' by far.

Just sayin...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Same here - I tried to download Rhodes last night and earlier this evening, getting the same/similar error as you.
I thought I'd try again so that I could share the error code and of course..... it's downloading.

First download of yours? I think you'll be back  :wink:

Thanks for your input.

I have successfully downloaded before but not lately.

I have tried using both ie11 and firefox, both return the same message.

I'll try and make sure the cache is cleared from each browser, although they are both set to delete browsing history when I exit them.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I found it depends on the time of day. If I try during the day (Europe), then it very often fails, or the download just stops and finishes prematurely. Best time for me has always been around late in the evening, or over night. If I need to download a large scenery, I click on the link before bed, and it nearly always downloads. No download managers though.

I'm guessing the servers are just overloaded, which is no surprise :smile:

Don't forget: it is an absolutely free (DONATION based!) service, thus there is nothing to be expected ... just to be enjoyed when it works B) ...

Hint: "maybe" a donation to SimHeaven can help improve things (and no, I am not directly affiliated with him - just know, that current donations just barely cover his hosting costs)!

If us simmers just think of the amount of scenery we get for free, at such an high quality, from SimHeaven, and consider how much we have payed for other stuff in FSX, a donation of a mere $40 wouldn't harm, at all!!!

X-Plane 10 turns into a completely NEW simulator thanks to the work of people like Andras, "PilotBalu", Tony and many others who help filling the gaps in the default product.

Do we wan't faster downloads? Simple, ask the authors how much we should contribute to make that possible, and then, start donating...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

X-Plane 10 turns into a completely NEW simulator thanks to the work of people like Andras, "Alpilot", Tony and many others who help filling the gaps in the default product.

Pssst: Andras = Alpilotx :lol:

... but other than that, yes, Tony and SimHeaven (aka. PilotBalu - its a one man show too! - relying on great tools like the one from Tony or g2xpl) and many other great guys and girls in the community (yes, the community aspect of X-Plane is not to be underestimated ... and each of you can help out in one way or other) make a lot of difference! And if you can't technically help out you can still show your support via donations, spreading the gospel etc. ...