Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

Delete PMDG Shop Account?

Hello, i wanna delete my shopping account of PMDG, enybody knows how??

Hello, i wanna delete my shopping account of PMDG, enybody knows how??

You can't.  Why would you need to, anyway?

EDIT: I'm sure that, if you sent a message to them through the support portal (support.precisionmanuals.com), they'd be able to help you.  I meant that to say that you can't delete your account by yourself (at least not to my knowledge).

Kyle Rodgers

Well i got almost every aircraft of PMDG. So i wanna delete my account, if i want later a new account, i create a new one

Well i got almost every aircraft of PMDG. So i wanna delete my account, if i want later a new account, i create a new one

Speaking from a purely data-driven side (as a database guy, I mean), even if you "delete" your account, all it will do is mark it inactive so that you can't log in.  Your account is tied to those orders, so they won't delete it entirely, because then they'd lose who they sold those products to, which is vital information (particularly because they're digital products).

Speaking from a customer self-service side, you'd be doing yourself more of a disservice.  If you deactivate your account, you won't be able to review your past orders.  Those orders include your activation keys.  If something happened and you needed to reactivate your products, you'd have to submit a ticket and wait.  As it stands now, all you need to do is log in and look at your past orders.  It would make customer support a bear later, too, if you needed to buy something like the extended download service, but the original purchase was on a different account.

Something to think about...

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry.... I just can't resist chipping in....

In what way can an account that exists somewhere bother you in the first place?

In what way does having a PMDG account have influence on anything you do or want?

As Kyle said, you might think twice about sending that request to PMDG, since you'd probably no longer be able to activate your PMDG products as soon as you want to (re)install them.

I don't have the 777 so I don't know for a fact, but it wouldn't surprise me if you can't even use the OPS Center without an account....

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Something isn't right here.

Here we go ................ (again) ................

Here we go ................ (again) ................

Why do you say that.

You know why. And because I refuse to post my full name here as I believe in internet privacy, I will not elaborate further.

You know why. And because I refuse to post my full name here as I believe in internet privacy, I will not elaborate further.

If you're that concerned, make an image signature that can't be data mined by search engines.

You protect your privacy, and you adhere to the rules.

Win/win.

AJ,

is 'AJ' your full first name?   :P

Want my social security number?

No, thanks - got my own one!

Should the world's most interesting man chime in here Ollie :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Then you will not be posting here any longer. This kind of paranoia has never ever been borne out in the 10+ years we've been doing this at this forum. We have clear reasons for requiring signatures and if you can't follow them, you're not welcome to post here. Simple as that. If you require support for an actual purchase you can do it through our support ticket system at our website.

=======

As for the OP's request - we do not allow accounts with valid orders on them to be deleted. This is a legal and record keeping requirement for the company - we cannot just wipe the records of purchases, the activation keys that were assigned etc. A lot of things are tied into that account with the product anyway - you can't still use the product without having an account here, the activation system is tied to it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com