Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Aerosoft EE Lightning released

I want to tame that beast. Bet she needs quite a distance to stop, those swept wings cant be good for slow flight/approaches. Comes with an AP even. Sold :)

Best quote I heard from an ex Lightming pilot was that he'd heard it said that some pilots felt somewhat scared of the Lightning.  He said he felt entirely in control of it, right up the point where he released the brakes.

ngxu_banner.png

Hmm that looks interesting, normally I'm not much into military birds but I might make an exception with this one. 

Best quote I heard from an ex Lightming pilot was that he'd heard it said that some pilots felt somewhat scared of the Lightning. He said he felt entirely in control of it, right up the point where he released the brakes.

Awesome quote! :lol:

This does look superb.  along with the fact that it's priced very reasonably and includes both FSX and P3Dv2 licensing, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this one tonight when I get home.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Best quote I heard from an ex Lightming pilot was that he'd heard it said that some pilots felt somewhat scared of the Lightning.  He said he felt entirely in control of it, right up the point where he released the brakes.

It was nicknamed the Frightening.

Yet another highly detailed classic British cold-war jet..........and anything that uses fuel this quickly, goes supersonic without reheat and requires an approach speed of around 175kts with flaps and airbrakes (not to mention a parachute to slow after touchdown).......well it's got to be a buy, even from those with only a mild curiosity.

Cheers

Paul Golding

I'm not sure about this but I think I read that it held - or still holds - what is probably an unofficial record for Maximum Altitude Over The Runway i.e. going into maximum climb after tale-off and the result being struck when the aircraft crosses the boundary fence at the far end.  It something ludicrous, being measured in tens of thousands of feet.......

Anybody heard that one?

ngxu_banner.png

remember this when I was a kid brilliant, definite buy for me,and supplied  both with Fsx and P3d installers for free ,I suppose it is due to Aerosoft  wanting to give value for money to its customer,it is also called GOODWILL well done Aerosoft and thank you

Looks stunning in P3D with the cockpit shadows, but no cockpit shadows in FSX under DX10.

But this is much better all round  than the Just Flight Lightning, I have been waiting for a really well done complex Lightning and have finally got one.

Well done to Aerosoft with the licencing and pricing.

I also have to say kudos to Aerosoft on this release.  I've spent more than a few of hours in it already and I can say that it's really a lot of fun trying to control it. 

High points:

- beautiful model

- easy on framerates

- challenging to fly, in every aspect of flight

- decently in-depth systems modelling

- possible future TacPack compatibility

- very, very reasonably priced, considering it can be used in both FSX and P3Dv2

- in-flight refueling that doesn't require a tanker!!  I tried to line this up behind a TacPack injected tanker for at least the appearance of refueling before I hit the switch... couldn't do it due to point three above!  After about ten minutes of trying, and watching the gauges drop lower and lower, I finally just turned away from the tanker, sucked up my pride and hit the switch.  In this thing, that refueling switch is very, very essential!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Although I´m a huge military plane fan, I probably pass this one. It´s just to damn ugly!  ^_^