Sign in to follow this  
gura75

Spools up before tuchdown

Hi

After a fresh installation of PMDG 737 I'm experiencing a strange problem. When approaching mins. I turn off A/T and A/P...about 50 FT above the runway I turn back the throttles and initiate a nice flare. What happens just before touchdown is really strange....the engines spool up and it initiate a kind of go around. I don't understand why it does so. I have never experienced this before. Any idea how to fix this. I mean it should never initiate this strange behavior. The A/T and A/P are both turned off I never use the TOGA button. Still it seem like it wants me to go around just before touchdown.

Sincerely

Geir

Sounds like a spike in your throttle hardware.  Make sure you have a fairly wide null zone around the idle section of your throttle

Regards

Rob Prest

The A/T and A/P are both turned off

Since you said both A/T and A/P are off, my bet is that it's somehow related to your hardware, like Rob mentioned.

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like a spike in your throttle hardware.  Make sure you have a fairly wide null zone around the idle section of your throttle

Regards

Thanks for a quick response guys. Should I have the NULL ZONEs at 0? All they way to the left? I have Logitech Extreme 3D PRO.

Geir

Should I have the NULL ZONEs at 0?

Bring it up off of zero to increase the null zone.  Basically, the null zone is a zone (usually at "center" or "high/low" depending on if it's a joystick, or a throttle, respectively) where the computer is set to ignore any changes.

In other words, if I had a scale from 0-100 for my throttle, and I noticed that even with my throttle fully back (on the hardware) it jumps around some between 0 and 5, I need to tell the computer to ignore that "noise."  I can then set my null zone at about 6 to 7 to ensure it includes at noisy 0-5 range (and add a little buffer in general).

In theory, the hardware and the signal that the hardware produces should be in sync, but technology is technology, and there's usually some error in that translation (and as wires get old, the error can increase).  All you need to do is tell the computer to ignore that noise.  Unfortunately, that means that you lose some of your effective hardware range, but it also means you can hit the software limits effectively.

In other words, setting my null at 6 means I lose 0-6 (and potentially 94-100 on the high side, depending on the hardware and configuration tool) on my hardware, but it also forces the hardware to send "true 0" (and "true 100" if 94-100 is also blocked off) when the hardware is at its extremes, even if the signal is noisy and would be sending 3 or 4 even when the hardware is on the 0 stop.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for a quick response guys. Should I have the NULL ZONEs at 0? All they way to the left? I have Logitech Extreme 3D PRO.

Geir

For throttles I use null zone 0 and sensitivity maximum for best response. But it really depends on your hardware so play around to find the best setting for you.