Sign in to follow this  
spork

Around The World In The A2A C172!

Hi everyone! I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to flight sims and aviation in general. I wanted to find a good way to learn the skills I need, so I decided to fly around the world in everyone's favorite GA Aircraft, the Cessna 172. I started my journey from Seattle and headed east, I'm over Iowa right now.

I'd appreciate if you would take a moment to look at my site, I've been writing about my experiences. Flying tips, route advice, or just general b/s is all welcomed!

aroundtheworld172.blogspot.com

Thanks! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Really cool stuff and a great site. I'll check your progress often.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks guys, this is a pretty big challenge that I've set myself, but hopefully by the end of summer I'll be back in Seattle and ready to do it all over again (in a P-51.)

i like how you added extra weight for tacos :lol:

Nice web-site, and as others have said, welcome.

A RTW trip in a C172 is a long trip, but I'm sure you will enjoy it!

My wife is originally from NE, will never go back there :), and was amazed that you managed to find so many things about the state.... but seriously, it is a nice state, it spans the mountain-west to the mid-west.

Good luck with your endeavor...

Bruce.

Good idea.

I'm doing an Australia tour myself, in the summer.

My a2a 172 nearly got overheatet one day.

The temp is 30 - 32 C along the north coast so far, guess the center will be warmer.

I also entered some heavy thunderstorms one early morning, one takeoff got delayed.

The most important thing for me is to use some good scenery for the whole trip.

Because you have a lot of time watching it from the A2A 172.

Perhaps I can soon switch to the piper? :-)

Happy flying.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Good luck and have fun!  Are you flying in "real time" or compressing the time?  I'd love to be able to take a RTW trip myself and actually thought about starting off with a cross-country trip in the Cub.  I have grown rather fond of the "low and slow" aircraft lately, more so for learning more about flight rather than for the entertainment factor.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great blog, I look forward to following your adventures when I can. And hopefully it might kick me into gear about carrying on doing my own RTW flight!

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I am using time compression but a max of 4x. I worked out a pretty good flight plan for the rest of my trip and it worked out to like 163 hours real time, so even at 4x that's a long trip haha. I wanted to stop in more places, but they'll have to wait for next time.

Hey Kyle,

Looks like a fun project! How are you handling fuel burn with 4X? One of the things I don't like about the A2A is that fuel burn is real time regardless of sim time. Are you just using estimates and ignoring the fuel gauges?

Have fun!

Eddie

Eddie
KABQ