Sign in to follow this  
spork

Around The World In The A2A C172!

Nice blog deskpilot, I read that over at the A2A forums. I posted mine there but it was in another RTW thread as I didn't want to take up space with a new thread.

I didn't realize that fuel burn was constant, but it makes total sense now why it was acting weird for me lol. Guess no more time compression for me.

And yes, I've already planned how I will cross the ocean. BGKK - BIKF - BIEG - EKVG - EGPE for the atlantic, UHPP - PASY - PAAK - PACD for the pacific.

That's what I also don't like aboubt the a2a 172 that the fuel burn and all the wear an tear counts in real time only.

We have a decent plane with all those simulated stuff that can break or wear out and we won't see much of it as long as we fly her by the book. I would love to see some hours on the hobbs meter to see what happens without having to spend so much real life time for it. I fly in fseconomy and usually use some 4x to 16x in the middle of the flight.

I made a tour around the world in a PC-12 (Flight1) and it took something like 120 flight hours and around 30 real life hours. I am not sure if I had as much fun if I really had to fly all of it in real time. But that is just me of course :).

I hope you have fun with your tour. It is much more challenging in a 172 to do this I guess. A PC-12 is a very comfortable plane to do this in comparison

That's what I also don't like aboubt the a2a 172 that the fuel burn and all the wear an tear counts in real time only.

We have a decent plane with all those simulated stuff that can break or wear out and we won't see much of it as long as we fly her by the book. I would love to see some hours on the hobbs meter to see what happens without having to spend so much real life time for it. I fly in fseconomy and usually use some 4x to 16x in the middle of the flight.

I made a tour around the world in a PC-12 (Flight1) and it took something like 120 flight hours and around 30 real life hours. I am not sure if I had as much fun if I really had to fly all of it in real time. But that is just me of course :).

I hope you have fun with your tour. It is much more challenging in a 172 to do this I guess. A PC-12 is a very comfortable plane to do this in comparison

You can use the 'used' button to simulate a well used aircraft and add a random about of time to the aircraft and components.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

You can use the 'used' button to simulate a well used aircraft and add a random about of time to the aircraft and components.

thanks,

Lewis

That's an option of course. I played around with this a bit. You get the report and see what has to be repaired or will have to be repaired soon. Once it is done you have to wait a long time to see the effect of the wear and tear again. Or you would have to use the used button every couple of flights but you would have a different plane every time and I would like to see how "my" plane holds up and reacts to my way of flying it.

Also a wrong fuel consumption when using TC is a factor when you use Airhauler or fseconomy.

It is my only complaint about an otherwise decent addon. I was hoping that this would work with TC one day but after reading some posts in the forum about it, I doubt it.

Aw don't use time compression!! It takes some of the kudos away from the achievement, should you succeed!