Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Interesting Find [Please Read]

After reading this thread

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442239-another-affinity-cores-trick/

I wondered if the same would apply to FSX. I have spent the last hour testing to see if it does.

My opinion, it does. I now have balanced CPU usage on all cores.

To test, put fsx in window mode, do a three finger salute, windows task manager will appear.

Select process tab, and highlight fsx *32. Right click and in menu, select affinity. Untick CPU 0

Press OK, and close all except fsx.

Bring up the task manager again, and go back in to affinity and put a tick back in the box CPU 0.

To test you are getting results, click on performance tab, and bottom right select Resource monitor, under processes, tick fsx and monitor cpu usage.

Results many vary,. I have yet to do a flight, into a heavy airport in a payware aircraft, but would be good to hear if others notice a difference.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

You spent an hour on this and didn't even fly?  :blink:

You spent an hour on this and didn't even fly?  :blink:

I did with the trike, but not for example with the PMDG T7 into a heavy airport. Thank you for your input, it warmed the cockles of my heart. B)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

^lol

I'll give this a try on Sunday and see how I get on!

Lee

I did with the trike, but not for example with the PMDG T7 into a heavy airport. Thank you for your input, it warmed the cockles of my heart. B)

Haha, no worries! I'll be sure to try tonight.

^lol

I'll give this a try on Sunday and see how I get on!

Lee

Cheers Lee. Good to get feedback on this.

Haha, no worries! I'll be sure to try tonight.

Thanks Sox. need more trying it to see if it is accurate or not.

At OMDB, I was getting 50% usage core 0 and 80% core 1,2,3

After turning core 0 off and on, I had 80% on all cores

After reading this thread
http://forum.avsim.n...ty-cores-trick/

I wondered if the same would apply to FSX. I have spent the last hour testing to see if it does.

My opinion, it does. I now have balanced CPU usage on all cores.

Hiya Julian

Welcome to the P3D platform - aka "Showing FSX users how to do it better!" 

Now before a mod blindly jumps in and either bans me or moves this to another thread, (or some overzealous fanboi of either platform complains), I must explain that this is HUMOUR from one old friend to another. 

Fact is .......... ain't progress great?

Fact is .......... ain't progress great?

Oh yes, is it what!! BTW, your banned :LMAO: :LMAO:

Anyway, just departed Dubai in the T7, using GSX for pushback, I used to get stutters during the PB, but no more. Not sure what core couati exe uses, but it does not stutter the sim any more.

Also my sim is smooth as silk.

Will need to fly out of a more heavier area to prove this is not placebo. We shall see.

Oh wow! This is rather incredible...

Before

24w5wr5f.hi2.png

After
dx5fn420.fso.png

The difference in smoothness is night & day!

Thanks Sox for your report. I noticed departing Dubai, not even a micro stutter. Autogen did not even move.

A big thanks to user

nudata

for this discovery.

But .... but .... but, you can't use this tweak for entertainment only products!! It is a P3D "professional use only" tweak !!

Don't take it away !!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Don't take it away !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too late Dave. Patent pending for DX10. What a neat little tweak it is though. Just have to remember to apply it each time I start FSX

Guess, you can look it up in either task manager or Process Explorer?

I'm not that clever Olli :lol: