Sign in to follow this  
Emilio_G

non operational docked views of 2D panels

I like the Piper Mailbu PA46T a lot but I have found quite a few problems with it, namely:

• On take off the a/c tends to pitch up too much, it goes up to nearly 20 degrees  and it is hard to lower it down.
  • During flight it seems to react too quickly to controls causing erratic behaviour. This happens with the default FDE, will try with the "optional patch" in hopes to remedy this anomaly.
  • The virtual cockpit is virtually difficult to read unless you plan to use the a/c for playing rather than flying. Because of that I found a workaround and that is pop up the 2D panels and dock them on the 2nd monitor but...
  • When the 2D panel is popped up (at least on a 2nd monitor) I can click on the HDG and CRS buttons, I then see the appropriate pop up in the PFD but using the mouse wheel on the knob of the "docked" panel does not work. The only way to adjust the HDG/CRS is to actually operate the PFD know on the VIRTUAL COCKPIT, you can see it updated on the docked view. I would have expected the 2D knob to work as well.
  • The 2D instruments are disconnected from their VC counterparts, if you do something on the 2D pop up the VC counterpart is not updated. This happens with the GNS400 and GNS430
  • There are multiple mentions of the ADF/NDB but there seems to be no way to set the ADF frequency anywhere. I can set the NAV and COM frequencies but no ADF.

Does anybody knows solutions to these problems? will they be fixed in a service pack or will this airplane be forgotten now that customers have paid for it?

If you dock the PFD on a second monitor where it is actually readable you will soon notice that while the push buttons are operational (select HDG, CRS, ALT, etc.), the knob that is used to adjust those values is NOT OPERATIONAL.

So you can only adjust the value on the virtual cockpit's panel and not on the docked view, that is a bug.

Another issue I noticed that you cannot adjust the value with the knob if the simulator is paused.