Sign in to follow this  
arie_pilot

Air france tail textures

I've been looking all over the internet, but I can't find Air France's tail textures (blue and red stripes) anywhere, for usage in my repaint. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to find it? Thanks in advance! :)

My first port of call is usually Google . There are sites such as " Brands of the world " or " Seek logo " that are also helpful , or Airliners.net and such that will give you enough photo material to work from , if you are just looking for photo's to " cut & paste " .

For a paint scheme such as Air France surely you can just draw the stripes ( in the tailfin ) .

John

Shame on you to dare say such a thing on your first post! My kid of 8 can lie better then you mister Arie.

I refuse to go deeper in your modus operandi for searching the internet; but have some manners next time and be honest.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I can definitely find pictures of the tail, but I think that won't be any good for repainting, because those pictures contain all sorts of knobs and spots which cast a shodow on the tail and I think that would look weird on my tail as it doesn't have those knobs and spots. So what I was looking for was the actual tail logo, not painted on an aircraft and that's something I haven't been able to find so far and I have actuelly done a lot of searching to it.

Well you must accept that you need to work on a repaint. Not just simple copy paste but retouching, scaling, sometimes duplicating an entire logo all by yourself (do it manually, start from scratch and only some reference pictures so to speak).

May I ask, which plane from which developper do you want to repaint? And which real life counterpart are you looking for?

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

I'm painting the TDS 737-700. Afaik, Air france doesn't have a 737-700, so I don't really have a specific example pictures, I'm just using different pictures I've found as an example.

Preferably, I'd like to use the new tail logo with rounded edges:1.jpgBut the older tail logo would be just fine as well:

Air_france_a318-100_f-gugb_manchester_ar

I wasn't planning on replying in this thread but after reading what is written above I feel I have to .

You cannot in al seriousness say that you cannot find the " Air France logo " ( old or new ) on the internet . Just by typing what I wrote ( between the quotation marks ) in , for example Google and not finding anything can only mean that the internet is broken . It's not as if it's the most difficult livery in the world to create , it is just 5 lines ( of varying widths ) and some text . Just about any paint programme ( except MSPaint ) can handle lines being rotated all you have to add is the curved section of the lines or leave as is for the old livery . It has taken me longer to read this thread and place this answer than it would to make !

Good luck with your paint job .

John

Again, I've never said I have a problem finding the Air france logo. The problem is finding a usable Air France TAIL logo. It's my first repaint and I was expecting to find loads of png's or eps's or whatever containig the tail logo (not painted on an aircraft), which can be used on your repaint, because Air France is quite common and has been painted a whole lot of times, so I thought there would be at least 1 sort of "air france paintkit" containing all required resources for painting the Air France.

I can indeed make the tail logo myself, and if there isn't any usable tail logo resource on the internet, then I will. But I still think that's an odd thing to do, because you can barely get it excactly as it is in reality.

I understand it is your first attempt...

Or you use a picture of the logo from another tail (as there is no AF B738) and clean it up, rotate, scale,...

Or you recreate it from scratch, with several reference pictures that you can find on the net from another tail.

Those are your 2 logical options I'm afraid. Good luck with the repaint and always intersted in the result here.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

What is so difficult about drawing a vertical line ( X pixels wide ) , rotating X degrees and repeating until you have the lines as seen in your pictures ( hopefully you own the copyright to them otherwise you will be in trouble with the moderators here ) . How else do you think that others paint aircraft for the sim ? It's all trial and error . Paint something , convert to bmp or dds , put it in a texture file and look at it in the sim ( or FSRepaint if you have it ) , it's not rocket science otherwise hardly anyone would paint .

Another point is that as your paint is fictional , who is to say that it isn't correct , if you decide to upload it ?

John

Thank you for your replies. @vesalius, I'll use one of your suggestions, and will post the result here once done.