Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

KLGB Long Beach Airport ver4

I also run UTX USA - maybe a factor?

Me too .. well, UTX North America, actually. Seeing flickering mostly on the runways.

I was getting locked 30fps sitting at Gate 5 in the Ultralight. Took off to fly the lengths of the runways and that's when the fps began to deteriorate down to about 10-12 with lots of stutters as well. I saw the bleed-through also, pretty much all over the runways. This kind of thing never happens to me even in the NGX/T7 at highly complex FSDT/Flightbeam/Aerosoft sceneries. I'm usually very steady between 23 in PMDG cockpit views to 30 in spot view.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Just bizarre that some have no issues.  Perhaps it's a video card VRAM issue?  I've only got 1.28GB on my once-powerful GTX570.

3gb here, same issues, I don't think it's related. This airport is one of the few things I've seen throw my GPU into a tizzy. I have a feeling this is related to texture filtering and the rendering engine is confused with what surfaces to render at what time, loading and reloading different surface textures which might be driving up the VAS. Why that would happen I don't know. I personally have Antistropic Filtering 16x set in Nvidia Inspector, so will change that and do a test flight later today as soon as I am able.  

Thanks for the scenery, Shez!

For what it's worth, when I loaded up FSX with the default G1000 C172 on runway 30 I was getting 30-40 FPS with ASN running, once I got rolling it dropped in to the 20s and I could see some shimmering at the runway intersections. I flew down to non-Shezified MK SNA, the only proximate scenery I have installed, and once I was pointed in that direction, frames increased to 80-100+. I did a touch and go and returned to LGB, about halfway between frames started dropping to the 20s and on approach I was getting as low as 12 around 6 miles out. I didn't bother landing to see what would happen.

Thanks for the scenery, Shez!

For what it's worth, when I loaded up FSX with the default G1000 C172 on runway 30 I was getting 30-40 FPS with ASN running, once I got rolling it dropped in to the 20s and I could see some shimmering at the runway intersections. I flew down to non-Shezified MK SNA, the only proximate scenery I have installed, and once I was pointed in that direction, frames increased to 80-100+. I did a touch and go and returned to LGB, about halfway between frames started dropping to the 20s and on approach I was getting as low as 12 around 6 miles out. I didn't bother landing to see what would happen.

You guys are making me jealous with your greater than 30 FPS flights. In three years and after all of the published tweaks, the best I have ever done is get 25 FPS with unlimited selected.

Don (the slow).

No problem with framerate for me...locked at 30.  Gorgeous scenery! I have Megascenery Socal and Aerosolft Los Angeles and it blends well with both.  Two problems from me...

• The ground shimmers quite a bit.  Maybe that's related to the shadow?
  • Two buildings shimmering.  See pic...

Gregg

Gregg,

Those are default buildings that I placed so will check it out to stop them overlapping.

Ground shimmering may be mimap related. Let me check it.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

No problem with framerate for me...locked at 30.  Gorgeous scenery! I have Megascenery Socal and Aerosolft Los Angeles and it blends well with both.  Two problems from me...

• The ground shimmers quite a bit.  Maybe that's related to the shadow?
  • Two buildings shimmering.  See pic...

Gregg

eMV2N2f.jpg

Of course you don't have framerate problems... photoscenery removes all scenery objects. Why are you comparing your fsx to people with issues due to large number of scenery objects?

Of course you don't have framerate problems... photoscenery removes all scenery objects. Why are you comparing your fsx to people with issues due to large number of scenery objects?

Megascenery Socal has enough autogen to put a strain on my system at times...It's not the same thing as Megascenery Earth which has none.  The reason I was posting was to, perhaps, help eliminate what might be causing some issues.  That's all.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just bizarre that some have no issues.

So has any consideration been given to what aircraft is loaded for each who are reporting?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So has any consideration been given to what aircraft is loaded for each who are reporting?

Well in my report I stated I was in the default Ultralight. In that thing I can get locked 30fps with 5 cloud layers and fog at Aerosoft Frankfurt.  :smile:  So it's really weird to see the low frames and stuttering at Shez's KLGB.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I have attempted with the default single engine aircraft in FSX as well as pay-ware single engines aircraft (Carenado, etc). Same issue.

Don

What do you mean? Are you saying Shez's update of SNA is not right either? (Read above for more info). It looked fine on the airport diagram compared to the FSX version.

Not at all, he did the best with what he had to work with. KSNA's terminal is much bigger now and MK Studios got the gate numbers backwards. Somehow the ILS is all messed up also. As far as FSX version goes, you can keep those. I will never fly into an FSX airport, just me.

Guys, anyone wanting the upgraded version please send me an email on,

shez.ansari at gmail dot com

Also please try this hybrid MK/ansari version, it is as good as you will get. Unfrotunately I have way too many other projects to redo a perfectly fine hybrid KSNA. Trust me it is not that bad.

Shez

You are right Shez, as always you are the man. The terminal is much larger now and the traffic has increased considerably.  Here in LA/Orange County areas there are two go to airports, KLAX and KSNA. 

I'm banging my head (a little) on the desk.... (but Kyle I still love you for the Duke paint)

Do people mean they want Shez to update his (and W Morgan's) FS2004 KSNA version?  Because he basically JUST took the MK studios version (which is really good), and UPDATED that - and it's been mentioned in this thread at least three times on how to get it.

KSNA, MK studios, tweaked by Shez, FSX native, and done.  It's pretty fricken great!

You are absolutely correct, it is great, but not correct and outdated, as I mentioned KSNA is much larger now and there are issues with it still that make it unusable for commercial flights in my opinion. AS Shez once said "you are one tough cookie".

Tested it out without Nvidia 16x AF and saw similar performance. Paid more attention to resources this time and like others reports, in the trike, default fair weather, started at 30fps w/ 1.3gbVAS, 25fps when airborb, rapidly deteriorated to 18fps flying around the airport, then into the teens with VAS peaking at 1.7gb within a few minutes. Even at 25fps there was still some stuttering.

A beautiful airport though, and as I was flying around couldn't help but notice how mainly details there are to pick out and enjoy. Very nice Fed Ex area for cargo haulers.  

I will never fly into an FSX airport, just me.

IMHO that is an attitude that nothing FSX-based could overcome. So which is your point, this offering?  Or FSX?  I lived in OC for 13 years up until late 2010, and 50% of my business career was spent traveling (read "in the air"), and 90% of that on United 757's out of KSNA.  I also frequently went up from John Wayne with pilots on the private side of the equation.  I have returned flying in retired life to that area three times in the last 12 months.  I know the airport very well,  I find this version to be A+.  The most significant issue I have found in the vicinity of the airport is the lack of rendering of the Tustin blimp hangars, which are HUGE visual cues for the visual approaches into KSNA for 19R and 19L.

I challenge you!  Show me a superior KSNA for ANY flight simulator.  And please leave void from your reply any issue that deals with different versions of flight simulators.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere