Sign in to follow this  
ryanreid

Why has someone not made a "Gulfriver" R550-650?

The problem is the people who have made gulfstream models, I have not found a single one that has a VC that matches the interior of a gulfstream in the least.

Gulfstream is extremely protective of their "brand". It's not that they don't market it - they definitely do. Inside of every major Gulfstream maintenance service center in the US (Savannah, Long Beach and Appleton, WI) is the "Gulfstream Store" - a retail outlet selling all manner of official Gulfstream logo merchandise. Hats, coats, shirts, travel bags, coffee mugs, beer mugs, golf balls, pens, purses... You name it, they have it. They even sell models of all the Gulfstream aircraft. Not "build it yourself" plastic models - but high-end desktop presentation models that cost upwards of $200 each.

But - I'm sure if any retailer outside of the company tried selling ANYTHING with the Gulfstream logo, they would probably get sued into the middle of next month.

The same undoubtedly holds true of FS emulations of Gulfstream products. Not that Gulfstream themselves would ever get into the business of marketing add-ons.

Since they are in the business of selling hats I see no reason why they wouldn't want to sell a really detailed Gulfstream addon in their stores aswell. I'm sure plenty of Gulfstream pilots and rich/famous alike would buy such a plane as it'd be a fun thing to have. Would Gulfstream make the addon? no, but they could contract a FS dev to do it and sell the plane exclusively in their stores or just be a retailer of it for the dev.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

David, from brief contacts the impression is that they are ultra exclusive and couldn't be concerned with a pittance on FS involvement. B)

They do cater to a rather exclusive clientel.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png