Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

10.30 Release Tomorrow!

Looks impressive, can't wait to try it.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Please remember, this isn't 10.30 final, but 10.30 (Beta). So, if you're going to try it, backup your old X-Plane first :smile: (unlike me in the past)

I'd imagine it will take a few beta runs before we see the final version, and it's a huge update.

The road.net file format has a new directive LOCKED_POWERLINES – if put on its own line, it indicates that X-Plane should not attempt to “optimize” power-line tower placement for this road network.  Instead, power line towers will be placed in every junction and vertex from the original data (in the DSF, with no extras added).  You can use this directive if you want to cleanly control powerline tower placement when you generate your custom scenery.

DSFs now support multiple road.net files, including different road.net files in different overlay layers.

This is great news for me personally and World2XPlane, it will mean that finally can choose how the pylons for power lines are placed (It's been a bug in X-Plane for years). I'm sure Andras (alpilotx) will be happy as well with this. Also, multiple road.net files is very important, as it now means we can have our own roads in addition to the X-Plane default ones. I've been testing this change for a while, and it allows us to have new types of powerlines, ski lifts, etc..

No mention of the extended view distance?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

No mention of the extended view distance?

That's probably because Ben wrote in an earlier blog post that this will not part of the 1st beta.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I'm interested to know what kind of impact this will have on the functionality of 3rd party aircraft.  There are a lot of aircraft specific tweaks in the release notes. 

I also noticed the absence of DSF scenery draw distance - which is my biggest irritation with the sim right now.  Going back through the blogs it does suggest this will be in the 10.30 release.

Overall, I'm going to let others report on whether it breaks 3rd party aircraft or not before I dive in.  I'm hoping the 3rd party developers have had prior opportunity to test in advance of the public release.

Guest Mik75

That's really great news!

Unfortunately, I haven't got enough drive space left on my SSD to make a complete backup of my XPX folder, so maybe I should wait for the release of the final version, or at least for some initial thoughts by fellow XPX users of this beta.

I also noticed the absence of DSF scenery draw distance - which is my biggest irritation with the sim right now.  Going back through the blogs it does suggest this will be in the 10.30 release.

You need to follow Ben's blog more regularly -- and the comments sections under his articles. ;) There he stated that the drawing distance is not part of the 1st beta of 10.30. It will be part of another beta of 10.30.

Usually, a new X-Plane version starts with several beta releases (beta 1, 2, ..., n), some release candidates (RC 1, 2, ..., n), and usually the last release candidate becomes the official new version. So stay patient, at least the final 10.30 will include the drawing distance changes.

And: If you are "just" a user, you probably want to wait until 10.30 is final before using it. (On the other hand, you can always try the various versions of 10.30 with a copy of your current install, to see what's going on. But then maybe also file any bugs and issues with the bug report form, to help to improve the sim.)

Can't you also select to have Beta's installed, and then if you want to return to the last RTM build you uncheck it in the Install app?

Danny Hicks

Can't you also select to have Beta's installed, and then if you want to return to the last RTM build you uncheck it in the Install app?

Yes, you can :) But I prefer to make a copy, to avoid plugins, etc. interferring with a clean 10.30.

Hi gents,

just for information (because this isn´t 100% clear on this release notes): According to several (official and via mail) statements from Philipp Münzel, in which he confirmed, that our format is usable/compatible too, to update the database of the new GPS with the worldwide terminal procedures - so Navigraph will offer you a regular update too with AIRAC 1406. As you know, we use Jeppesen as our source provider, so the coverage is a worldwide coverage too (not near-worldwide!).

Hope this makes a few things clearer ...

Richard

richard_stefan.png

Regular AIRAC Updates - Jeppesen worldwide coverage (includes terminal procedures)

Direct link: http://www.navigraph.com

From the release notes (New Features for Scenery Authors and Modelers):

Autogen blocks contain a number of new features, including selectable sub-grids, to support development of the next update to the urban autogen art assets.

This sounds a bit like they are trying to improve the "pearls on a string" look of houses that are aligned to streets with large empty areas between streets. Could be wishfull thinking though.

I'm interested to know what kind of impact this will have on the functionality of 3rd party aircraft.  There are a lot of aircraft specific tweaks in the release notes. 
Most, if not all, aircraft developers were provided private beta copies of 10.3 for testing. So, most developers have had time to make any adjustments and new versions should be available very soon if necessary.  We (LES) did not have any issues with the Saab in 10.3.  

Jim