Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Using boats..sail and powered in P3D...what a difference!

The same boats that I use in FSX....are so totally improved in use of...control, knots output of the engines, etc, that as I first converted my amphibian to a 50 foot luxury yacht, out upon Lake Tahoe in Orbx's NC...it was like night and day between how they run, handle, and maneuverability-wise, etc between using them in FSX...and using them in P3D.

I see that truly P3D coded a serious water environment, for it is a pleasure to see Lake Tahoe from the water...and cruise the shoreline.  I notice that there are many, many warning buoys along the shoreline. Do I take it that in real life, Lake Tahoe has a high rise towards shore...and there are out-hangs and reefs pretty much around the entire shoreline of the lake?  

In P3D...with the way good pay and free-ware marine craft operates, this is another very viable immersion route...for after you land your amphibian at the cottage...and dock...merely place your gear in the boat...and back out of the slip....

P3D...keeps surprising me...with how much better it does all environments...and especially when you finally figure out the settings needed for your own system......

Back to the boat...the six of us...are having our 'toddies'....and the chef is preparing smoked salmon, when fresh rosemary garnish, that will be enjoyed on the after-deck.  Orbx's Lake Tahoe...is a beaut!

Tip...before heading out onto a lake or the ocean...first turn WATER to ULTRA, and check off all sub-bullets.  Great immersion in this...5 star!

Captain Mitch 

Have you tried the submarine yet ?

Have you tried the submarine yet ?

Nope...too busy, bossing everybody around the poop deck at the moment.  Call me Captain Bligh ...!  How cold is Lake Tahoe?  I don't want to give somebody permanent hypothermia...in case there is a mutiny...

I have 2 motorboats, and three Delta Sim Yachts that work so well in P3D.  I'll try the sub, soon. :)

I realize this thread is over 3 years old.. But how did you get boats setup in Prepar3D?  There seems to be a big lack of info about this from what I can find.

38 minutes ago, jake_lm said:

I realize this thread is over 3 years old.. But how did you get boats setup in Prepar3D?  There seems to be a big lack of info about this from what I can find.

I just installed the Deltasim Cabo into V4 using the add-on.xml method.

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>Deltasim</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>Deltasim</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Effects</Category>
<Path>C:\Deltasim\effects</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\Deltasim\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>gauges</Category>
<Path>C:\Deltasim\gauges</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Eagle Creek Indianapolis

nZU8ZYZ.jpg
Q9GRqXF.jpg

Cranked up winds to 36 knots.
u2FEK0v.jpg

Thank you for the info, I haven't tried sailing in P3D yet, that would be interesting! 

Regards,

Gordon

• Upvote 1

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.

P3D has boats and working submarines? LOL

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

P3D - The Boat and Flying simulator, hahah... that's cool though. Gotta give this a try. Would be nice to take a boat out into the ocean and do some plane spotting.

Does P3D have default boats that we can try?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That's great news.

I guess I can uninstall my Sail Simulator 5 and Virtual Skipper 5 now.

53 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does P3D have default boats that we can try?

Did you saw any ships in your hangar ? Other than those two subs.

However...

in FSX/P3D just about anything can be controllable, one just have to provide appropriate "sound" and "panel" paths. If I'm not mistaken now... sound is even optional. You can even use some of the boats from that Henrik pack.

tempting... i just cannot let go of $200 for a beefed up fsx.... I want to, now especially to hear you discuss about sailing, but can't do it. 😄

Well, P3D is supposed to be a training simulator for a wide range of operational environments, and that includes marine operations.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png