Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

KIAD by Flightbeam@45-60fps

Well,

P3D is a beast and i did some observations regarding the performance. For sure clouds in a combo with shadows is a fps killer. Clouds itself seems not to have that big impact.

I do find it strange though that i am getting 45fps in the A36 and 60fps outside looking at the tower from 50m above the airplane. 

How is your performance in this area?

Flightbeam must have done a great job

EDIT: Still have 60fps in KIAD with overcast with or without rainn and Cloud Shadows at 80km but NO Terrain shadows, I think they are the fps killer here 

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'm getting low 30s...but I'm running pretty heavy anti-shimmer and no overclocking...yet.  Up above the airport doing turns I'm mid 20s.

Gregg

EDIT:  But, KPHX is yeeeesh.  It's probably more to do with the surrounding area but I'm getting 20s and lots of stuttering.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hmm. Strange then. 60 fps above and 45fps in VC with shadows at 80km but No terrain shadows is amazing. I love when you fly under clouds and the shadows effects the lights on the AC.

Even loading the predefined weather in ASN makes no drop in fps.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png