Sign in to follow this  
Charles575943

NEW ! Night Environment British Isles- Beautiful light pollution!

I have just purchased Night Environment, (Aerosoft) from Just Flight.

All I can say is wow!

I purchased this beautiful night lighting scenery for just £6.99 with 400 rewards, usual price £10.99.

This scenery is awesome, it looks real and lights extend right out to the horizon! The effect is amazing!

Taking off from Stansted towards London is quite an experience, you can definately navigate by roads 

in the dark, I could not do that before.

I am using ORBX sceneries for the UK, this add-on adds an incredible extra dimension to the ORBX scenery.

The lights remain on during day time and are not visible. Ideally you turn the lights off by using a tool to

edit your scenery.cfg file. I have noticed a frame rate hit using the highest settings but need to do some experimenting

with tuning.

Certainly a big bang for your buck here! 

Chris Bell and Aerosoft have produced this lighting for Germany, California and I guess many more areas will come.

Check out the Aerosoft web site here..............

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13053&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Charles.

+1

Chris and his team have done an amazing job with NE!

Chris Howard

I didn't realize that this was  new product....it seemed to me there was another Night Environment out there somewhere.  But this is quite an upgrade to night lighting. Very nice.

Although as some point a bundle would be nice otherwise I would go broke buying each country or state etc.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Well, the U.K. and the Republic of Ireland have been bundled. (That's five different regions in ORBX FTX!!!)

And so have been Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

(And Germany North, West, East and South. :lol:)

I was very impressed with Dubai! Looks like this will be another one for the shopping basket :)  Thanks for the heads up!

Rob Prest

Thanks guys

very happy to hear your feedback's; much appreciated

id like to bring to everyone’s attention; we now have a dedicated corner on AVSIM

for any issues regarding NE you wish to discuss with our team

or if you need help getting started; have questions you need sorted out;

i have started a FAQ where I’ll be adding over time to help new users

you will find announcement’s, video clips and pics (we are only allowed to post under our section)

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/698-the-night-environment-forum

I was very impressed with Dubai! Looks like this will be another one for the shopping basket :)  Thanks for the heads up!

Chris also "bundled" Dubai with the rest of the UAE. :P  (Isn't there an Abu Dhabi airport for FSX upcoming?)

Rob, look out for an upcoming version 1.1 of NE Dubai: I saw some preview shots that have made the wait worthwhile ...

Please, Vancouver and British Columbia?

This looks so real, it's by far the best night lighting available, period!

I noticed that the lights can be left on during daytime as they are not visible. The lights can be turned off within flight simulator

without interrupting your flight.

I was going to buy another product just for night lighting in the UK, this has saved me some quite a bit of money!

I highly recommend this product and it's priced just right. 

Charles.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  Please click link to see difference between not using Night Environment and using it.  The picture is of Berlin.  To my eyes the product does two things: does a much better job of portraying lights in the distance, and puts more lights in the foreground, although it seems at somewhat of a random manner.

Click to see.

I am right on the verge of purchasing the new California version of Night Environment to go with my FTX N. California scenery.

Happy Flying!

it only looks like the lights are randomly placed when viewed over default fsx

if you have FTX Global or PR under any NE region;

each placement will make perfect sense

there are few videos on NE Section with video clips demo

where you can see California live over PR

you will notice that all lights are positioned perfectly

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442853-night-environment-demonstration-with-photoreal-video/

Charles, you said that there was a frame rate hit with this. I have a fairly modest system and, although I'm very tempted by this, I'm a little reluctant to buy. What sort of system are you running and what hit do you get?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

you may not be able to run on level 3 smoothly

but... in one variation or another; NE is modular enough to accommodate just about any SimPC hardware

I just bought California and my first impression is that it was worth every cent!

One warning though.

When changing areas within FTX Central, I had to physically move the appropriate "Night Environment" settings to the top of the scenery library.  Without doing so, you won't see the full spender and difference that the "Night Environment" lights make.

Also, an off subject question for Chris Bell.  Within the United States, what other areas will you be working on.  Also, this same question applies to Europe.  I am hoping for Austria and surrounding countries.

So besides having to make sure that they are above the FTX scenery index, this plays nice with ORBX vector lights and all?