Sign in to follow this  
Charles575943

NEW ! Night Environment British Isles- Beautiful light pollution!

Thank you for your support and kind words PDX

always puts wind in our sails to hear our customers happy

we will cover all US regions one by one at the same standards you see NE CA

European regions such as Austria and neighboring states will be covered as well shortly

i was under the impression that AS installer put NE above everything you currently have installed

you shouldn't need to do anything with FTX for NE to work with FTX/Global, out the box!

thats is if NE is placed correctly on index; which i haven't heard it not being placed right thus far

the answer to your question William is - Yes, NE plays very nicely with FTX/Global

we automatically deactivate FTX lights for the region NE is active on (no duplicate lighting)

while maintaining other uncovered NE regions with active FTX/Global lights

(...)

When changing areas within FTX Central, I had to physically move the appropriate "Night Environment" settings to the top of the scenery library.  Without doing so, you won't see the full spender and difference that the "Night Environment" lights make.

(...)

Have you created an insertion point in FTX Central?

I usually have mine fairly low, so that addon airports, UK2000 airports in FTX EU England for example, will always stay on top of FTX regions. Should also help with Chris' NE.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will look more into this and might just try it out.

Have you created an insertion point in FTX Central?

I didn't know this existed.  But yes after trying it, the problem was solved.  Wonder how many other flyers like me will fall into the same trap?  Thanks for your response.

Hello Vortex 681

Initially I had a frame rate hit and lost about 6 FPS with high settings within FSX.

I  dropped down from setting 3 to setting 1 and everything was running smooth. 

I now have increased the density of lights and lowered my scenery complexity and can now fly

from Stansted to Heathrow without problems. Approaching Heathrow, ( UK2000) I drop to around

20FPS. UK2000 EGLL is a complex scenery, I am using the latest version.

I realize this scenery will run on any system and it is very customizable and Chris Bell is a very

nice helpful guy.  I would not hesitate to buy this, Vortex681.

Why not try the free demo of Berlin

which is available on the Aerosoft web site.

FREE DEMO>>>>>>>>>>>

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/79065-night-environment-berlin-demo-free-released/

I love the way the road lights extend to the horizon and gently fade away, it's so realistic.

I am using DX10 mode and having fun playing with the bloom effects through the DX10 Scenery Fixer

and seeing the effect on my new night scenery.

This is a very customizable product and has caused me to stay up to 1am in the morning flying in

a darkened room!  :lol:

I have noticed that in DX10 on my system, when on the ground, the orange lights go behind the clouds

it's like they go to the background. This is no deal breaker and there is no guarantee for perfection while

using DX10. I am sure there is a way of fixing this if you want to be pedantic.

Has anyone tried the Netherlands NE with Netherlands free photo scenery from NL2004? I think the combo

may look awesome!

PDXFlyers comparison pictures look much the same, how strange and I don't see orange lights?

I have a significant change in my scenery for the better.

I have decided to try the free Berlin demo, downloading now...................

Charles.

Charles,

NE's textures are DX9/DX10/DX11 + HDR compatible now

early version were only compatible with DX9; you could see our 3D model when you switched to DX10

this is no longer the case; you can use Steve's DX10 fixer for its excellent work

with fixing DX10 rendering performance in FSX generally

Steve's DX10 fixer is no longer a requirement for DX10 compliance with NE

but it is an excellent product you should definitely have installed with FSX

Steve's DX10 fixer is right up there with FSUIPC importance for FSX imo

Hi Chris,

Yes, I have Steve's DX10 fixer and also recommend Add-on Converter X if using DX10.

There is a handy utility called AlphaSearcher2. If you experience stutters in FSX it may be caused by missing alpha channels in some textures.

This handy utility searches them out and corrects the problem. You can just choose to search without making any changes. It's 100 percent

safe. I run it from time to time after installing World Of AI aircraft and airport sceneries. It should be available form the AVSIM library.

World Of AI aircraft appear to have some of the alpha channels missing which may result in stutters.

Charles.

I found this neat utility and posted a link on the forum here, the posting has been largely missed by everyone because of it's benign title.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442080-jet-boost/#entry2988351

I was searching for an alternative to Ken Slaters Alacrity PC, and consider this to be a safe and worthwhile alternative.

It is actually a good piece of software!

Hi Chris

I bought NE last night and installed it over GenerationX with RevolutionX in prepar3d V2 and it works very well. It is a stunning add on and has transformed night flying.

One thing I would like to tweak though is the size of the lights. I feel they are too big for me especially when lower. When at an airfield that is close to them they are overwhelming and look too big.

Is there an easy way to make them smaller? Editing a texture or file maybe?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your support

you can adjust the size of your light bowl in your fsx.cfg

these are my settings

[Display]
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2 //adjust values to suit your scale
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0