Sign in to follow this  
namida

Scary A/T Behavior

Hello.

First, please understand if my post is not appropriate for this forum, since English isn't my mother language

and I really don't visit forum frequently.

I searched forum and read issue tracking thread but I couldn't find any post what happened today.

Here is a video clip I recorded as soon as possible the issue happened.

I had to hold F1 key to prevent overspeed and tried to open many page that might be helpful.

Since there were many addon aircraft, I never saw this scary situation with any addon aircraft.  :O

The planned flight was RJBB - ZBAA, FL380, S/C to FL400. And the route is:

RJBB OYE Y39 JEC Y38 SAPRA G585 SEL G597 DONVO A326 DOGAR ZBAA

I use Active Sky Evolution and the time of airborne was 05/24 07:30 UTC.

After I came back from dinner, the sim paused as I expected and I unpaused the sim.

As the wind had been changed, I also changed landing rwy from DOGAR7A/01 to DOGAR7B/19.

(ZBAA scenery I used: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/8018/fsx-beijing-capital-airport-scenery/)

In a few minutes after the plane started descend, suddenly A/T increases thrust lever to max detent.

I was panic but started recording and tried figure out is there something wrong but no luck.

Finally the situation ended with turning off A/T Arm switches..

I hope this post is helpful for further improvement of 777 if this is related with 777 code..

Its a bug and solved in SP1

Work around:

Select v/s mode and switch back to vnav.

Its a bug and solved in SP1

Work around:

Select v/s mode and switch back to vnav.

Thank you very much confirming that is is a bug already known.

I'm sorry to all - I wasn't able to find any articles about this situation..

p.s. This article can be deleted, though.

Are you sure this is a bug? Looks more like a throttle spike & not setting A/T over ride to HOLD only.  I have never seen this issue before.

Regards

Rob Prest

Are you sure this is a bug? Looks more like a throttle spike & not setting A/T over ride to HOLD only.  I have never seen this issue before.

Regards

I didn't say this is a bug on my first writing. It could be other reason - maybe airac error for example.

But if this happens because I changed STAR just before T/D, then it might be a bug.

Thankfully remco confirmed this is a bug, so I replied.. though still don't know the article mentions it..

And since NGX has release, I always set my override option to NEVER, and 777, too. (my joystick don't spike. :rolleyes: )

As I say, I was pressing F1 key to force throttle to Idle.. (to recording video), not a joystick spike.

You can see the blue arc line stays lower area and only white arc(A/T) moves to the top.

Thank you for asking, I haver never seen this, too.  :blink:

Instead of holding F1 you could disengage AT and set power manually.

I did it for recording video.. it was intended.  :wacko:

I feel terrible, is my English so bad and people refuse to read?  :Cry:

Anyway thank you for your info!

Regards

hmmmm the A/T mode on the FMA says THR which suggests to me that the A/T is commanding a thrust input, while the aircraft vertical mode is in VNAV SPD and the FMC is in descent mode. seems kinda quirky to me.