Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

Need some help, P3dv2.2 ezca and Q400

Now I have Ezdok installed in P3dv2.2.........

- with migration tool installed.

- installed the 1.17 update

- Put the ezdok beta in the ezdok folder ( there was no exe??)

- with migration tool run the configurator. All ok

fired up the sim, with the q400 on Kiad  B)

I have in the add-ons menu ezdok, opened the studio and loaded the ezdok config file from airline2simm.

but I get only the capt fwd view.........?

in the ezdok studio I see the virtual cockpit entries; capt fwd view dh mda view throttle view etc, but when I scroll in between those nothing happens  :(

can't also make new views, I had to delete according manual certain key commands in the option/control menu.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Pilotter,

Try importing a camera set (if you have any) from another similar aircraft.  You will have a "few" to "many" choices - PilotEyes, Left Wing, Right Wing, etc.  From there, click on one, such as Left Wing,

hit the Num2 key, get the "dinging" from EzDoc Studio, make your view adjustments, then exit "that" camera with Num2.  Do for each area...when you're happy, SAVE that camera set and name to that particular aircraft.

SkyCaptainA320,

I've used EzDoc with FSX and ALL versions of P3d....on the EzDoc forum site, there's several topics about P3D.....works for me and quite a few others.

Tom

where did you get information to install ezdok in p3d2?

Quick and dirty:

1. Install latest EZCA from Flight1
  2. Install 1.17 update from here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-v117-available-for-download_topic37361.html
  3. Install the P3D version of EZCA.exe from here: http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_%20P3D_beta.rar
  4. If you don't already have one, create an exe.xml with notepad in the same folder as the prepar3d.cfg, which is most commonly located at "C:\Users\Your_Account_Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\" and place the following text that is in the quote box in that file: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
      <Descr>Launch</Descr>
      <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
      <Disabled>False</Disabled>
      <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
      <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
        <Disabled>false</Disabled>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
      </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

5. Create an fsx.exe in the Prepar3d directory with notepad, don't worry that's it's not a true executable.
  6. Run Prepar3d and EZCA should start with it, if not something is wrong with the exe.xml.
  7. Exit Prepar3d and run the EZCA Configuration Utility, cancelling the World Camera Wizard because World Cameras do not work in Prepar3d. Use "Configure FSX" and a list of the aircraft you have installed in Prepar3d should be displayed as properly configured.
  8. Run Prepar3d and enjoy EZCA.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Quick and dirty:

1. Install latest EZCA from Flight1
  2. Install 1.17 update from here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-v117-available-for-download_topic37361.html
  3. Install the P3D version of EZCA.exe from here: http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_%20P3D_beta.rar
  4. If you don't already have one, create an exe.xml with notepad in the same folder as the prepar3d.cfg, which is most commonly located at "C:\Users\Your_Account_Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v2\" and place the following text that is in the quote box in that file: 

5. Create an fsx.exe in the Prepar3d directory with notepad, don't worry that's it's not a true executable.
  6. Run Prepar3d and EZCA should start with it, if not something is wrong with the exe.xml.
  7. Exit Prepar3d and run the EZCA Configuration Utility, cancelling the World Camera Wizard because World Cameras do not work in Prepar3d. Use "Configure FSX" and a list of the aircraft you have installed in Prepar3d should be displayed as properly configured.
  8. Run Prepar3d and enjoy EZCA.

As soon I am at home I will give this a go, and report back. Many thanks, I think maybe had a wrong enry in the exe xml..... It worked for me with ut2 etc so I will keep trying. To be honest I already asked for a refund by flight one.....

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

Pilotter,

Try importing a camera set (if you have any) from another similar aircraft.  You will have a "few" to "many" choices - PilotEyes, Left Wing, Right Wing, etc.  From there, click on one, such as Left Wing,

hit the Num2 key, get the "dinging" from EzDoc Studio, make your view adjustments, then exit "that" camera with Num2.  Do for each area...when you're happy, SAVE that camera set and name to that particular aircraft.

SkyCaptainA320,

I've used EzDoc with FSX and ALL versions of P3d....on the EzDoc forum site, there's several topics about P3D.....works for me and quite a few others.

Tom

Here I do something wrong, I hear the ding ding ding........but I can't move around :wacko:  arrows or page up / down does not do anything...

Pilotter,

SkyCaptainA320,

Tom

hey, I already have Ezdok 1.17 installed and using with FSX. Do I need to use a migration tool to reinstall it into P3D2?

Here I do something wrong, I hear the ding ding ding........but I can't move around :wacko:  arrows or page up / down does not do anything...

I've had this happen a few times.

Try closing EZCA by right-clicking the tasktray icon and selecting exit, then restart EZCA from the EZCA directory. If it still doesn't work, try setting EZCA.exe to Run as Administrator in the properties or by starting it with the right-click Run as Administrator.

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hoping for P3D update as this bird is not ready for prime time in P3D - close but not right for instance the external view stuttering is not a lot of fun - I will wait till its updated.

Rich Sennett

Try closing EZCA by right-clicking the tasktray icon and selecting exit, then restart EZCA from the EZCA directory. If it still doesn't work, try setting EZCA.exe to Run as Administrator in the properties or by starting it with the right-click Run as Administrator.

thanks, but also not working............ :(  looks like scrren is blocked or something.

- I can Global enable and disable ezdok, .

- I can start the studio

- I can import files etc.

the one and only thing I can't do is set the views.........

hey, I already have Ezdok 1.17 installed and using with FSX. Do I need to use a migration tool to reinstall it into P3D2?

No, just add the entry to your DLL.xml and use the P3D beta 1.17 exe.  As long as you have that aircraft in FSX you don't need to use the Config utility.

I can move about with arrows, Page up / down no problem.

No, just add the entry to your DLL.xml and use the P3D beta 1.17 exe.  As long as you have that aircraft in FSX you don't need to use the Config utility.

Alrighty thankx for the clarification!

oops, should the entry go in the exe.xml or dll.xml?

oops, should the entry go in the exe.xml or dll.xml?

exe.xml, not the dll.xml.

thanks, but also not working............ :(  looks like scrren is blocked or something.

- I can Global enable and disable ezdok, .

- I can start the studio

- I can import files etc.

the one and only thing I can't do is set the views.........

Have you tried reassigning them in the Define Keys and Buttons menu? How about assigning them to a joystick button, do they work then?

13.jpg