Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Can't Open multiple Doors

I can  only open the main door to all of my planes. In FSX Controls , I see only one option for doors. In FSUIPC 4 , I can't find anything on doors. What's the secrete ?

Check in your aircraft Cfg file, under [Exits] and make sure that Number of exits=the number of door types available for the aircraft.   Then when your aircraft is ready for flying, press Shift E (if that is your combination for the main exit) and then 2 and 3 for the other doors.

Chris

I couldn't find anything having to do with doors in the config. files.Is there anything in FSUIPC that I can do ?

[exits]
number_of_exits = 3
exit.0 = 0.4,  36.6, -5.0,  3.0, 0   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5,  4.5, -3.0, 1   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4,  33.5,  3.5, -4.0, 2   //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

This is from the default 737-800 aircraft.cfg   Doors are called Exits.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I couldn't find anything having to do with doors in the config. files.Is there anything in FSUIPC that I can do ?

Than I say your looking in the wrong cfg or missed it since its down the bottom of the page  under the title  "exits"

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My search goes to the FSX config. © Drive, users, Name, AppData....           Once inside Microsoft Games, I see Sim Objects and open that. So far I haven't seen anything with exits. Did I go to the right place ?

no  go to your fsx installation  in there select simobjects/airplanes/  than select  which aircraft you want  to check than select aircraft cfg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I found the right place. Here is what I found for the Virtavia C-17 Globmaster.   [exits]
number_of_exits=4
exit_rate.0=0.2
exit_rate.1=0.15
exit_rate.2=0.2
exit_rate.3=0.15

Like all my other planes, I can only open the main door.

You have  to be quick in pressing  the 1 or 2 or 3  key after pressing  the e  key depending on what door you want  to open.  Took me  awhile to get  the right combo  since it kept on opening the main door :)  once you get  the hang of it you get it right the first time

Peter kelberg

It is a peculiarity of FSX. There is no dedicated commands for opening individual doors.

There is the TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT command (pardon me for using the event ID) which appears as "Doors select (open/close)" in the FSX controls.

This will open/close the main door.

For other doors you must immediately follow the TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT with a KEY_SELECT_1 command ("Select Item 1" to "Select Item 4"  in the FSX controls).

As Peter says, in practice this means pressing the "e" key and then pressing the 1,2,3 or 4 key depending on which door you want to open. Pressing "e" then "1" is the same as pressing just "e".

If FSUIPC can assign multiple commands to a single key then you could assign TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT and KEY_SELECT_2 or KEY_SELECT_3 or KEY_SELECT_4 to any key you like for one key door opening.

www.antsairplanes.com

Is there a chance this aircraft has a pop-up panel in the cockpit with door open/close

switches on it?  Most of the POSKY freeware models have what's called

a "POSKY Panel" that's brought up to open doors and call for ground vehicles.  Try

Hitting Shift+ each number key, one at a time to see if this feature is there.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: