Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Save Concorde Campaign

Does anyone want to help get Concorde flying again ? If so, then sign the petition at www.save-concorde.co.uk.I know that some of you may believe that this is a waste of time, but then nothing EVER gets done if we do not try. This campaign has the backing of several Concorde pilots, ex-Concorde engineers, and the British Airline Pilots Association, so it is NOT some small time attempt to cause trouble.Come on guys, what harm can it do ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest orenda635

I don't think we should be saving the Concorde. Let it retire in peace. The aircraft is old and unprofitable. The crash in Paris was only the spark that set off a chain of events already the planning stages. The Concorde is a very expensive aircraft to operate. It's onboard systems are obsolete and it's engines violate noise regulations around most airports. Also, remember the airline industry crash after 9/11. People don't want to fly any more and airlines aren't even making money with their regular subsonic aircraft. The Concorde is just too unpractical to hang onto.

A sad and defeatist attitude. There are many more aircraft around the world that are far older than Concorde. Anyway, who said anything about airline operations ? I was referring to using one Concorde for special events and airshows. Is there anything wrong with a desire to see this happen ? Many of us consider Concorde to be the most beautiful and graceful aircraft ever built. In particular, many of us BRITISH people consider Concorde to be a national icon. We do not WANT to see this amazing plane discarded without a second thought.I have no idea if you are British or not, but I do know that there are thousands of people in Britain, France and around the world who would love to see even one Concorde take to the skies again. This campaign is dedicated to making that dream come true.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest orenda635

>A sad and defeatist attitude. There are many more aircraft>around the world that are far older than Concorde. Anyway, who>said anything about airline operations ? I was referring to>using one Concorde for special events and airshows. Is there>anything wrong with a desire to see this happen ? Many of us>consider Concorde to be the most beautiful and graceful>aircraft ever built. In particular, many of us BRITISH people>consider Concorde to be a national icon. We do not WANT to see>this amazing plane discarded without a second thought.>>I have no idea if you are British or not, but I do know that>there are thousands of people in Britain, France and around>the world who would love to see even one Concorde take to the>skies again. This campaign is dedicated to making that dream>come true.>>Chris Low.>I suppose the Concorde could work as an airshow preformer but not as an airliner. Face facts, it guzzles through fuel like Opera guzzles through SlimFast. Look how much she has to make to stay slim. lolI can relate to the Concorde being a national icon. I come from Canada, home of the Avro CF-105 Arrow. It was ahead of it's time and perhaps the world's first modern fighter jet. It was a bisonic delta just like the Concorde. It was also let go for the same reason, it got too expensive. At least the concorde had a good thirty something years, the Arrow only got 2 in flight and didn't even make it to military service.

I apologise for the somewhat harsh words at the start of my reply. It's just that I care a LOT about Concorde (like so many people), and if there is any chance to get even one back in the skies (where it belongs), then I will take it.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest bjjones

All the Concordes have been decomissioned which means they are not even airworthy anymore, those which have gone outside the UK / France have had engine and other specific instruments removed as they are still officially state secrets, the main one being the computer which controls the engine intakes, finally and Most Importantly the type certificate has lapsed and without it the aircraft cannot move 1 inch off the ground, the only people who can reinstate the certificate are Airbus and they want nothing further to do with the Aircraft as they have said on numerous occasions.It's nice to see people 'fighting' for what they believe in, in this case getting her flying again but the truth it will NEVER happen.

Guest AndrewW

As a footnote to Ben's post: The hydraulics have all been drained as part of the decommissioning. When this is achieved, the pipes all crack and would certainly need replacing in order for the systems to function again, a task that could not be done. Like many, I am outraged that one wasn't kept flying but unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done. It would be more rewarding to aim efforts and funding towards the movement and restoration of Delta-Golf.Andy[/font size]

Thanks for the responses guys, but there are plenty of qualified people who are actively involved in this campaign (including Concorde pilots and engineers), so I am sure that this type of thing has been considered. As for the restoration of G-BBDG, I would prefer to concentrate on restoring one Concorde to flight status, rather than restoring an additional Concorde to museum status.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Always did bug me that so important an aircraft, a tech marvel to this day, could just....stop.Got my vote, and I agree Chris, the engineers must know what it'll take to 'recommission' one of these birds.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Andrew,Can you confirm that the hydraulic fluids have been drained from Concorde G-BOAF at Filton ? I assume that this is the case, but someone at www.save-concorde.co.uk wants to know for sure.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest ba747heavy

I voted. C'mon Concorde, lets fly! :)

Guest BAe146Guy

It would be nice to see it flying again, but there's so many aircraft we would like to see again which might never happen though maybe concorde should be one of those that does, it is a technologial marvel and as youu say a national icon and so it should be the amount of government money that went into be funding for it keeping one for display would be brilliant it would be sad to think we'll never see concorde storming down the mall with the red arrows again, for now i'm just happy Manchester got one :-)

Do you do any plane spotting (for want of a better term) at Manchester Airport ?Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest BAe146Guy

Yeah occasionally

My cousin and I usually visit a few times during spring and summer every year. We generally position ourselves on the National Trust land, directly adjacent to the runway 24L threshold. I use my digital camcorder to film the planes, and he takes down registration numbers. We take a couple of deck chairs, food and drink, and usually stay from 8 a.m. to around 5 p.m.Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png