Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Save Concorde Campaign

I'm British and, like most others, would like to see a Concorde continue to fly.However, we have to be realistic. We can only just manage to get other historic aircraft back in the air (e.g. XH558 hopefully), I would assume that the cost of a Concorde would be relatively and considerably more expensive.Fine if private money is going to be involved, charitable monies are never going to manage it however (the income would hardly cover the fuel bill let alone maintenance). As to government money - I would have to bite the bullet and get more for my money with other aircraft (e.g. the Vulc', assure the survival of the BoB memorial flight etc.)However, as to why BA, Air France, Heathrow, JFK etc. couldn't afford to maintain one or two between them then that's a different matter....and as to why BA wouldn't let Richard Branson take one - that's a case of "if I can't have it, neither can you..." ;)

Bill,I agree with your comments regarding the SR-71, but I wasn't aware that this magnificent aircraft had also been grounded. What a strange world we live in, eh ? ;-)Chris Low.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png