Sign in to follow this  
mac44

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Warthog Stick and Prepar3dv2.2

Just tried to get my rudder pedals working with Prepar3d and struggling - all the axis seems to be all messed and I cant seem to get them working properly smoothly...even after manually reassigning all the buttons and axis they still sometimes go crazy but work at other times

1)Does anyway have a setup file they could send me to get me started? (I am also using the pedals with a thrustmaster warthog).

2)Should the pedals now work correctly  - I read with version 2.2 they fixed any old problems?

Should be a separate entry for the Saitek pedals in Windows Devices as well as in the P3D Settings/Controls.   I have the same pedals and they work just fine in P3D using the Windows 7 64 driver.  I don't use the Saitek software.  Try plugging the pedals into a different USB port.

C.

cabby thanks for the advise.

Can I ask if you got them working how you did it - I obviously must be doing something wrong then - how specifically do I need to set then up then?

I found the rudder pedals in the P3D controller dropdown so I guess first step is to select them - then what axis/buttons do I assign to what parts of the rudder pedals - am I just selecting the axis - trouble is when push left pedal it assigns X and right pedal Y to the rudder axis or do I assign buttons? - also how do I assign the toe brakes to the rudder pedals - currently I just use a button on my warthog controller for the wheel breaks?

From P3D Controls select your Saiteks then select the "Calibrate" tab and follow the calibration routine.  When done select the "Axes" tab and making sure you have selected the pedals assign (double click on axis assignment from the list and simply press on the left toe brake pedal for example) the Toe Brakes to the "X" and "Y" axes and assign the rudder or "yaw" by selecting the "Z" axis and moving the rudder pedals.