Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Color scheme change to Windows 7 basic

This just happened suddenly for reasons I don't know, about 2 days ago. Every time I start P3Dv2, I get a message stating my color scheme is changing to windows 7 basic. The appearance of my tool bar went from translucent to blue and my P3D window is different too. I haven't noticed any performance changes in my sim, and when I exit P3D everything goes back to normal. I don't know why this is happening, so any ideas are welcome.

Todd

Same thing here only with FS9.  Windows update?

I have this with fsx too. It's always happened for me. Did you enable aero desktop to get vsync in p3d? This would have done it.

Try right clicking on your P3D icon then select Properties then Compatibility. See if "Disable desktop composition" is checked. If it is uncheck it.

Thank you ctec1.  Your advice was spot on.  Funny thing though I had not checked the box in the first place.  Computers.   :(

I actually checked that today and, sure enough, that is what did it. Problem resolved.