Sign in to follow this  
LarsW

favourite aircraft in FSX (at May, 2014)

hi,

i know it's a very common thread, and apologies if it frustrates you, but i was interested to know what people are finding their favourite aircraft add-on to fly in FSX at the moment?  (as of May, 2014) ?

I mainly like smaller (short haul or regional) airliners, and my favourite of the moment is the

Majestic Dash 8 Q400

I still cannot believe this level of complexity and interest is available in an entertainmment product for 40 Euros.  amazing!

what about you?

Well Lars, the Q400 is one of my favs, but for this month it is PMDG MD11.

Next month it will be the T7. Think I have too many addon planes, that I spend more time thinking what to fly.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It's a tough choice it you think too much about it so I'll just go with the one that always pops up in my mind first: the Baytower RV-7. It may not be the best add-on ever made, in fact I wouldn't even say it's the best in its category, but it is the one I've flown the most and the one I've enjoyed the most.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I've just become an Antarctica fan and with the recent Virtavia threads, I'm back to flying the C 17-A.

Considering the distances to cover and the low VAS usage over that continent, I'm pondering switching to the 'True North-equipped' and 'auto-cruising' PMDG T7.

My favourite is the PMDG 777, simply because of all the detail and systems modelling. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

While there are many great planes in my hangar, the NGX is still my go to bird

PMDG 737NGX for now, though also Aerosoft A320 Extended, QW 757 and PMDG 777 come close too.

In summer I'm planning to study the Majestic Dash 8-Q400. 

PMDG 737NGX. I went on spending spree for airports today for that plane. Only bought one for the 777 though. Do I have my priorities wrong?

I think it's real shame that the Sibwings Antonov AN-2 doesn't seem to get more love on these type of threads.  A truly superb rendition that captures the quirks of the real thing very well.  My GA favourite.

The obvious suspects for tubeliners.   Regional, Majestic Dash8.  Short/medium haul, PMDG NGX. Long haul PMDG 777 

My favorite is usually what I'm flying at the moment.  That includes any piston powered GA aircraft up to the DC-3, and some helicopters and sailplanes.  For what it's worth, I have more time in the Goose than all others combined.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Not very original of me, but NGX, no question.  I think it aces the test of just about everything that a flight simulator aircraft should be.   In the future, with continued development of the Majestic Dash 8, I think that stands a chance of usurping the throne.

It may not be the best add-on ever made, in fact I wouldn't even say it's the best in its category, but it is the one I've flown the most and the one I've enjoyed the most.

Amen on this comment in general.  What each of us like is subjective and doesn't necessarily correspond to what may more objectively be called "best".

My hands down current favorite is the RealAir v2 B60 (piston) Duke, a plane that really hits the sweet spot for what I most enjoy flying (GA piston twins) and is also an excellent and detailed model - arguably the "best" FSX GA piston twin made.  But (illustrative of Rolf's statement) my second favorite remains the Carenado 337, which hits that same sweet spot but from a slightly different angle.  The 337 is modeled very nicely but doesn't have nearly the attention to detail that the Duke does, yet I still enjoy flying it.

Scott

A2A C172.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I solely fly the PMDG 737 and 777, as they are for my personal VA.