Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Of course..you wanna put back the following two packages....

1. HDR Environment X II

2. Replacement Day and Night Lighting v1

Both can be downloaded as freeware from the ORG.  I think they are both freeware...or at least Donation ware....

------------------------------------------------------------------

The two packages, and their options, will give you SPECTACULAR (with HDR on..) night operations.

In the Replacement Day and Night Lighting v1 package I use the number '3' option, along with what you place into the various folders from the HDR Environment X II package.  The end result?  An HDR-fueled night-scape wonderland...and oh...the approach to the airports....in the mind-blow category....    Highways and activity upon them look fabulous with option # 3...normal lights and bloom. at the HDR setting for 4XSSAA-NORMAL-DISTANCE-BLOOM.

Now..with the added 'pure feeling of flight' shown off in .30...any approach into a pattern, and eventual 'touching the numbers'....is beyond belief. No other sim does this...to date...nor looks like what the above and v.30 can give you for night operations. None of them....XPX.30 (with above...) is the reining night-operations champ!

I'm doing night-time touch and go's at KFNT (custom airport install) and it looks simply...amazing!

Night ops in X-Plane are truly stunning. There is no comparison to be made betwen XP at night and the others, the others just aren't even at the races. I don't think HDR Environment has been available for a while on the org though, is that where you go it?

Night ops in X-Plane are truly stunning. There is no comparison to be made betwen XP at night and the others, the others just aren't even at the races. I don't think HDR Environment has been available for a while on the org though, is that where you go it?

Yep...both of them, er...about 6 to 8 months ago...(rubbing chin...)

Yep...both of them, er...about 6 to 8 months ago...(rubbing chin...)

Thought as much, it's a pity it was removed as it definitely dramatically improved the night lighting, turns out the author of "HDR environment II" stole content from REX however searching for the reason for it's takedown did lead me to this thread of which I was unaware which indicates that REX are going to do something for XP, good news indeed.

Well...nobody's putting hand-cuffs on me!  Both the zip's...really make night ops very, very special....

This is so true.

I have been getting goosebumps of joy on sunrise departures in the Seattle area.

The HDR lighting is just AWESOME - And actually looks realistic.

I've played a lot with P3D v2.2 and it's gotten better, but I really find the graphics to be a bit cartoony overall.

I fly in real life and very rarely do I see things in P3D that reflect my own experiences in the "real world" of flying for the last 20 years.  (just my $0.02)

This is so true.

I have been getting goosebumps of joy on sunrise departures in the Seattle area.

The HDR lighting is just AWESOME - And actually looks realistic.

I've played a lot with P3D v2.2 and it's gotten better, but I really find the graphics to be a bit cartoony overall.

I fly in real life and very rarely do I see things in P3D that reflect my own experiences in the "real world" of flying for the last 20 years.  (just my $0.02)

Yeah somehow there is a sense of depth and distance in XP that's not present in the others. I found that things looked smaller and just got bigger in the rest as you covered the virtual space between here and there rather than actually looking father away. I think the sense of it being 'cartoony' which I totally agree with was heightened by the Orbx scenery, which essentially all looks the same due to its landclass basis, being false. Since I started flying with hi-def photoscenery of what's actually there in real life with autogen there's just no going back now.

Yeah somehow there is a sense of depth and distance in XP that's not present in the others. I found that things looked smaller and just got bigger in the rest as you covered the virtual space between here and there rather than actually looking father away. I think the sense of it being 'cartoony' which I totally agree with was heightened by the Orbx scenery, which essentially all looks the same due to its landclass basis, being false. Since I started flying with hi-def photoscenery of what's actually there in real life with autogen there's just no going back now.

Re:  PhotoScenery - You talking about P3D w/ photo scenery?  Like MegaSceneryEarth?

Re:  PhotoScenery - You talking about P3D w/ photo scenery?  Like MegaSceneryEarth?

No sorry, my bad. I use G2XPL to create from satellite imagery the photoscenery for X-Plane. I generate it at a zoom level of 18 which is one zoom level higher than the Simheaven stuff but produces scenery which takes up four times as much drive space than the Simheaven ones. The definition is far higher than that in any photoscenery I've ever seen for FSX/P3d and the effect is startling to say the least. You can see details sharply at anything above tree height. To give you an idea of how good it is, go to Bing maps and zoom in until you can zoom in no further without the image starting to lose definition. That's what you get in sim.

Coupled with World2XPlane the combination made me uninstall FSX and P3d 2.2 because there was no longer any sensible comparison to be made. For me the war is over and X-Plane was victorious. All it cost me to achieve this was a small donation to each of the authors of the two tools referred to. I couldn't possibly fly the others now even after throwing many thousands at them over the years.

I use G2XPL

Do you have a good source on "how to" with G2XPL?

I've read about a bit and I recall downloading it and being overwhelmed.

Would love to put some time into that solution at some point if I could get my feet off the ground.

Yeah I hear ya! I've never come across a how to but I'll get you started. The difficulty is in putting together a working g2xpl.ini file to configure properly for downloading, once that's done it's all automated from there, you can set it to task and it will run through everything that needs doing including installing your new scenery. I'll PM you and we can get you going that way.

Well...I have the rain under control....the seats are drying out...and if you DO HAVE...the two aforementioned program zips...and they are ALREADY on your system...then I highly suggest YOU USE THEM!  I am in an HDR enabled flight with those files in place...and am presently flying between CYTZ (Toronto City Centre) and KBOS Boston Logan...in a night-ops world...that no sim...other than this one...with THESE custom add-on, enhancing HDR usage files...can give you visually. The result is simply stunning to behold.  It can actually make you hold your breath, as you view the evolving flight path. The sun is very low on the flame-ridden horizon...and those two zip files...brings on such an intensity throughout the atmospherics, light scatter, as well as the highways, the bloom, the reflections of the road lights (with water at Advance Setting)...that the whole visual package...is well....breathtaking,------ for the fact that this is a computer simulation reality. If you HAVE these files...then USE THEM...for in conjunction with .30...at HDR enabled 30 FPS, or greater....your world via .30 HDR night ops...will open up like a full born hurricane! 

What is on the monitor...as the sun sets...on my way to KBOS, at 30 FPS, at this point in the flight near the Eastern shore of Lake Ontario----- is VISUALLY STUNNING~Absolutely; Stunning!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One heck of a Happy .30 (with rain under control) Camper...

Well...I have the rain under control....

One heck of a Happy .30 (with rain under control) Camper...

How did you get it sorted? Maybe I missed it in another thread.

How did you get it sorted? Maybe I missed it in another thread.

Yes, I did...Just look for my recent postsin this forum on three or so threads..and you will see what I did to get 'dry'..lol  It's there.

Here is my post on the other thread...:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuous Rain Update'

For those also afflicted with this...a temp cure:

Turn down to full left, or barely on, the following under Environment

Intensity (full left, or barely on)

System Size (full left, or barely on)

This stopped the continuous rain..but I had my original .25 settings in play..and this never happened with stated .25.   So...if you want to get out of the rain...try the above setting adjustments...and dry out....  :blush: