Sign in to follow this  
Kjelle

No gauges in 737 NGX

Hallo.

I have a trouble with my PMDG 737. From one day to another my gauges not work. The are black and I can not do anything.

Can any help me?

Kjelle

Have you tried a full reinstall?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I try log in on the support for help but it not work. Can any from Support help me?

Kjelle

This happens to me every now and then...I don't know why it does, but I shut down FSX and re-start it and that usually fixes it.

Where can I find the instructions how I reinstall PMDG 737 NGX? I have a dvd-box but I lost the little manual in this.

Kjell

Where can I find the instructions how I reinstall PMDG 737 NGX? I have a dvd-box but I lost the little manual in this.

Kjell

You lost the manual? http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html Firstly, I suggest rebuilding your cfg. before doing a reinstall, make a backup of your FSX cfg file and place it somewhere safe. Delete the original  (the one you've just made a backup from) then start FSX, it will then be back to default, which means you'll have to set your settings again. Go for a fly and see if this has helped. If not change, then do a reisntall of the NGX. Just uninstall from the standard Windows 'uninstall programs' in the control panel. Shut down the computer, reboot and then do a standard install. I cannot see your computer specifications, could you reply with them. If you continue to have the issue following a reinstall I suspect your computer may not be powerful enough. There are a few reasons for loss of texture loading, one however can simply be that when you fly to a particularly intensive are of scenery then the computer may struggle and fall over itself to actually load the 'heavy' textures associated with an aircraft such as the NGX.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Kjell

I hope you haven't lost the serial key sticking in the DVD box as well ...

Kjelle, please don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you should do some reading.

C: drive\ users\ (user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Also, at the same time, delete the complete shader file (after making a backup) this can be found  C: drive\ users\ (user name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX  Leave the FSX folder but delete it's contents. There should be two shader folders inside.

Delete it, start up FSX, then it will rebuild a new config file. Set your FSX settings and fly.

Howard

I find FSX.cfg-filen. I delete it ,started FSX but problem it not solved.

Can you reply with your system specs and FSX slider settings please

Howard

My computer: Windovs 7 Home, Inter core i7-3770  3.40 Ghz, Ram 16 GB, 64-bits, Geforce GTX 670 .

FSX: screen 1920x1080x32, Global texture: very high, Lens flare, Advanced animation, 100 proc target frame rate, High-resolution 3D virtual cockpit, Aircraft casts shadows on itself,Aircraft landing-lights illuminate ground,

Terrain and water: Level od detail radius: LARGE, Mesh complexity:83, Mesh resolution:5m, Texture resolution: 7cm, Water effects: Mid 2.x.

Land textures.

Scenery objects:

Scenery complexity:Very dense, Atotogen denseity: Dense, special effects detalj: medium,

Visual settings:

Clolud draw distance: 90 mi/144 km, Cloud detail; High density,

Aviation traffic:

Airline trafic 30 proc general Aviation traffic density 28 proc, Airport vehicles: 20 proc, skips:16 proc and boats 19 proc.

Hmm, OK, well while we wait for someone else who may have an idea, perhaps I could suggest you follow a few settings and see how you get on. If it hasn't improved then I suggest a reinstall of the NGX.

I think the best thing is to try and decide whether it is a CPU resource issue or whether it is something else. Try these settings and see if it has changed things. BTW, these are what I run the NGX with and I have quite a brute of a machine. I think the settings you are running are quite resource hungry for your setup.

Autogen at normal, Water effects Low 2x, switch off all water vehicles in both boxes, set road AI at 10%, switch off airport AI, switch off all GA AI and set airline AI to 25%. Untick, aircraft shadow on the ground, untick aircraft shadows on itself. Switch off bloom.

Some of the settings you have are quite frame intensive and with such a combination I suspect it may be your problem.

BTW, I suspect that if the gauges are completely blank and the textures have never loaded, then a reinstall is more than likely needed.

Howard