Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

To uh-oh's......30

I've played around with 10.30 today and did not encounter the rain bug like yesterday. I did find out that my Jar Design A320 is fubared with this current beta.

NAX669.png

Prior to installing my new SSD my load times were about 4 min (7200 rpm 1TB drive)

Now even with 10.30 they are about 1 min to 1.25 min

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Prior to installing my new SSD my load times were about 4 min (7200 rpm 1TB drive)

Now even with 10.30 they are about 1 min to 1.25 min

That's way faster than mine...

Flight factor 757 doesn't seem to like 10.30b1.......

I hadn't flown the FF757 before the update so I don't know what isn't working right after 10.30. What things have you noticed that aren't right?

NAX669.png

I hadn't flown the FF757 before the update so I don't know what isn't working right after 10.30. What things have you noticed that aren't right?

I can't even get as far as to fly it, as my windscreen is filled with kind of blurry textures!

Ian,

It's funny because the first time I tried the FF757 in 10.30 that didn't happen. The next time I got rain in clear skies along with an obstructed windscreen. I ran the wipers and it cleaned it off like it was dirt. I just tried the FF757 again and there was nothing on the windscreen. Very weird. Otherwise the aircraft seemed to fly fine but again I don't have enough experience with it to give an informed opinion.

NAX669.png

The rain thing is not good by any yardstick. One of the big improvements with 10.30 is supposed to be hooks into the engine to allow 3rd parties better access. Hopefully that means a 3rd party weather engine is more realistic.

Edit: and as if to prove a point the next thread in this forum I open is...!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443174-efass-now-conatins-a-wx-engine-for-x-plane/

Here is my temporary 'fix'...which dried things out...

Continuous Rain Update'

For those also afflicted with this...a temp cure:

Turn down to full left, or barely on, the following under Environment

Intensity (full left, or barely on)

System Size (full left, or barely on)

This stopped the continuous rain..but I had my original .25 settings in play..and this never happened with stated .25.   So...if you want to get out of the rain...try the above setting adjustments...and dry out....  :blush: