Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

A2A's Piper Cherokee 180 is released

Purchased and downloaded.. but Argghhhh at work for now...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Same here...6h to go...work, arghh...

Mauricio Brentano

This looks awesome but I am unclear about the multitude of licensing options.

C.

In what way?   How about a quick review?

C.

C.

It's very simple really. With the FSX version you can have fun with it, but woe betide you if you learn anything. With the P3D version you can learn stuff but you must NOT have any enjoyment out of it. There, does that clear it up for you? :biggrin:

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

C.

It's very easy, really.

There are three options for the P3D version: academic, professional and commercial. Whether you need the academic or professional license is the same (well, according to A2A) as with P3D itself (I disagree but let's not get into that again). You probably should get the academic or pro license. The commercial is for commercial use (and you have to pay for that every year). I have P3D pro so I will get the pro license.

Then there also are bundles: if you buy one of those you will get the P3D version and the FSX version as well. Here you also have to decide if you need the academic or pro license (both options apply to P3D only, FSX is always for entertainment only). If you never fly in FSX or don't want the plane in FSX, don't get the bundle.

Thanks Jeroen, that makes things a lot clearer. :rolleyes:

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

It's very simple really. With the FSX version you can have fun with it, but woe betide you if you learn anything. With the P3D version you can learn stuff but you must NOT have any enjoyment out of it. There, does that clear it up for you? :biggrin:

thats funny

So sad that we have a legal, not justice, system.

So sad it's come to this... I have to punish other developers by not purchasing their products because others want more cash for the "no-fun-allowed" versions. Who needs a thriving third-party market anyways? I guess it would be wiser to simulate flying on a 7-year old platform with a DX10 hack that has just started thriving in it's prime old-age.   :rolleyes:

P.S. Nothing against those with more experience of course, just having a bad day.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Did anyone see this? An eyeopener, for me anyway. Suddenly PA28s look quite dangerous! :O

^That's a comprehensive list and as one who has some hours in a 180 and Turbo Arrow every bit of it is true.

C.

Ron, those aopa docs are a summary of what was learned from all accidents on type. They can be seen as very depressing or as a very interesting learning experience. As my instructor told me, learn from other experiences as you cannot test all those mistakes by yourself (and survive). A lot of the accident always come down to the human factor. Fuel starvation, controled flight into terrain, pursuing vfr in imc conditions etc.... I really think the piper is quite forgiving for pilot mishandling with his very gentle stall.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...