Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

@

pilottj

How is the cruising speed? Is it higher then the C172? I personally never bought the A2A C172 because it was too slow for me :) So if this one would do 20-30 Knots more, it would be a nice GA addition to the hangar.

with speed mods ~6000' and full throttle leaned for power it should do around 130KTAS which is about 150MPH  Currently I am cruising at 8500' ~ 2550RPM with speed mods, showing about 124KTAS.

Cheers

TJ

Did they get the toe brake piece worked out?  I still cannot get the toe brakes on my Saitek pedals to work properly, even with the BrakeReleaseThreshold tweak.

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I'll wait for their Commanche or bonanza - 130 KTAS - about 3-5 kts faster than the Cessna.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Maybe it's me, but I struggle to understand a decision not to purchase a GA aircraft with this much system depth and all round immersion for the sake of a few knots here or there.  I feel you're really missing out.

Not criticising mind....we all sim in our own way !

• Upvote 1

I'll wait for their Commanche or bonanza - 130 KTAS - about 3-5 kts faster than the Cessna.

I wish they would do a cessna 421

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

As a P3D V2 Professional User I will not be buying it at $80.
Now if it was $50 I pick it up in a heart beat.
Just bought the Sib Wings AN-2 for $24 bucks and will enjoy
that instead:-)

As a P3D V2 Professional User I will not be buying it at $80.

Now if it was $50 I pick it up in a heart beat.

Just bought the Sib Wings AN-2 for $24 bucks and will enjoy

that instead:-)

yea thats kinda of a rip off unless it adds a bunch of features. I think $50 is kinda high for a basic GA plane considering I paid $69 for the NGX which is alot more complex then a Cherokee. I think I'll stick with Carenado/Alabeo GA planes.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Maybe it's me, but I struggle to understand a decision not to purchase a GA aircraft with this much system depth and all round immersion for the sake of a few knots here or there.  I feel you're really missing out.

Not criticising mind....we all sim in our own way !

Thats true - but you know, when I go GA flying, I usually have some kind of a story in my mind that I am playing, like flying the family to holiday etc. And while it might not be a big difference in real aviation if you fly 3 hours in GA or 4 hours, it is for me in the sim. Because after a while, even with things like Active Sky Next, AccuSim, ORBX Scenery etc. pp it gets boring for me after a while to fly GA in FSX, because there is simply something missing, something you simply can not simulate. Therefore I tend to not fly longer than 2 hour GA flights, and if you take that into consideration it makes sense why someone might be interested in the speed of the GA.

Last but not least an aircraft which flies faster not only in cruise but also on approach and departure tends to be more challenging, at least for me. So thats another reason for me why I love fast piston-powered GAs, like the Bonanza or of course the Mooney M20.

nils

For a test, I went to 6000' which is optimum alt for Hershey winged Cherokee, power to redline and was getting around 135kits.  Firewalled will exceed redline and get you about 140kts, however this is accusim and it isn't wise to fly at redline all the time :)

If speed is needed, the EE Lightning does Mach 2 :lol:

diLJG.jpg

I'm not knocking their modeling but it's just another slow plane I'd be buying. I rarely fly the C172 (mainly BC I'm plagued with the volts and starting issues - probably my install only a few others have it), and the speed.... 2 miles a min plane.

But I do highly enjoy their civilian mustang!

I wonder if they'll look at F1 GTN750/650 integration?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I rarely fly the C172 (mainly BC I'm plagued with the volts and starting issues - probably my install only a few others have it)

I have the starting and volts issue too after v2.0. Other than that, v2 fixed all the float issues I was having and once the plane is actually started it flies beautifully. Linear in its responses and flares nice 'n easy. Won't invest in the Cherokee once the start issues with accu-core are fixed, but once they are (and I have faith that they will be) I will probably buy the Cherokee. I like the 120kt cruise/60kt approach range for bush flying though, otherwise I can understand wanting 160-180kt cruise. Hope you feel better btw.  

Maybe they'd consider a Mooney of some sort as well!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Maybe they'd consider a Mooney of some sort as well!

Totally agree! I'd love to see some Mooney and Maule add-ons.