Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

Nice looking bird.  I am getting overwhelmed with FSX addons.  There is so much choice and so many good products now.

I have to be real and say will I fly this plane enough to warrant the $50.  Since I just bought the RealAir Duke B60 V2...I don't need another plane.

Too bad though, nice product.  And I have the AccuSim stuff already for effects.

If anything I'm heading for the new GTN gauges.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

It looks amazing...Accu-Sim is turning out to be the best in-sim engine out there. However, I'm going to have a tough time justifying this purchase. I got their 172 because I fly 172s, but not the newer, more powerful models, and the elevator sensitivity kind of put me off the airplane until it got fixed, and even then I have a little trouble with it. That being said, I've never flown a Cherokee, so the only reasons I could have are it looks nice, I might fly a Cherokee sometime, and it's an A2A product.

We shall see...

I have the starting and volts issue too after v2.0. Other than that, v2 fixed all the float issues I was having and once the plane is actually started it flies beautifully. Linear in its responses and flares nice 'n easy. Won't invest in the Cherokee once the start issues with accu-core are fixed, but once they are (and I have faith that they will be) I will probably buy the Cherokee. I like the 120kt cruise/60kt approach range for bush flying though, otherwise I can understand wanting 160-180kt cruise. Hope you feel better btw.  

I haven't had any trouble starting the 172 post Accusim 2.0.  The engine is harder to start because you can easily flood it, like the real airplane.  If you think it is hard to start in FS, try starting a warm 172S at a high elevation airport on a summer day.  You'll crank that thing forever before it fires up lol.   B)

A trick that was taught to me whic was first encouraged, then discouraged by the flight school after they found it to be hard on the engine.   When you enter the cockpit for your preflight, Do the inside checks, run the fuel pump for 2-3 seconds with throttle 1/4 and mixture rich.  Then do the outside checks.  Once back inside, go through the normal start procedure and it should fire up.  Pumping the throttle a few times as you are cranking helps too.  After starting the Volt meter might stay on for a little bit while it recharges the battery, then it should go off.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

TJ

I'm sorry, but there is nothing wrong with A2A 172 in terms of starting. Every case I've heard of people having "issues" starting the 172 was because they were flooding the engine. I have never had any problems starting the A2A 172. It probably does help that all of my real world flying was in a 172SP.  :lol:

The thread isn't about the 172, though. Back on topic. I Cherokee is great! Well worth the investment and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality, in depth GA aircraft. The A2A Cherokee is simply the best GA addon for FSX right now.

For those of you wanting something faster, A2A does own a Piper Comanche. I see them making that for FSX in the future. 

Jared Listinsky

I'll wait for their Commanche or bonanza - 130 KTAS - about 3-5 kts faster than the Cessna.

More like 10 knots faster.

TJ and Jared, it won't auto-start either, can it be that badly flooded? I also had the volts issue after a fresh recharge and single turn over. Thinking of deleting the log file before I try new starting techniques.

I got my Cherokee started up on the first try. Also I don't see where people are having problems starting it?  Was just browsing around the A2A forums and didn't find anything about it.

I just checked the temps (a bit warm so only used two squirts of primer) cracked the throttle, mixture rich, mags to both and engage.  Hardly even sputtered.

Wish they'd release the newer panel layout also. 

The one they modeled is cool but almost all the Cherokees you see flying today (including the two 140s I fly) have the flat top panel with the switches in the middle (master, fuel pump, lights).

I've got about 100 hours in this type, If I get it I'll do a review but I'm going to wait a while for the price to come down.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

More like 10 knots faster.

I had the 172 doing 127 last night (2500rpm)....

But 10 kts is nothing really.... They're meant to be comparable airplanes. I think the Cherokee can actually get 3-4 people with full tanks though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

yea thats kinda of a rip off unless it adds a bunch of features. I think $50 is kinda high for a basic GA plane considering I paid $69 for the NGX which is alot more complex then a Cherokee. I think I'll stick with Carenado/Alabeo GA planes.

The carenado/alabeo planes are not like this...   I have the piper archer by carenado and this plane and I have flown both RW planes.   

The A2A plane flies just like the real thing,   even the slow flight stall behavior :)  The carenado does not fly like the real plane in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I've got about 100 hours in this type, If I get it I'll do a review but I'm going to wait a while for the price to come down.

The 172 is still 50 buckaroos -doubtful the Cherokee will drop anytime soon.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A comparison between the A2A Cherokee and a similar plane from Carenado/Alabeo is, honestly, laughable.. not to knock what they do (churn out cheap, simplistic aircraft rapidly) but the two are on different playing fields entirely...

A comparison between the A2A Cherokee and a similar plane from Carenado/Alabeo is, honestly, laughable.. not to knock what they do (churn out cheap, simplistic aircraft rapidly) but the two are on different playing fields entirely...

A Cherokee is far from a complex plane I'd pay $50 for a twin Cessna or a Bonanza but not a Cherokee, I'm sure A2A makes awesome planes and I'm not knocking the plane at all its a looker but Cherokees are slow in real life and kinda boring to fly since its a very simple plane like I said I have about 100 hours in one.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I got my Cherokee started up on the first try. Also I don't see where people are having problems starting it?  Was just browsing around the A2A forums and didn't find anything about it.

I just checked the temps (a bit warm so only used two squirts of primer) cracked the throttle, mixture rich, mags to both and engage.  Hardly even sputtered.

The starting issues, referred to in the posts above yours were about the A2A C172, not the new Cherokee.