Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

This will be another A2A plane in my hanger. Nothing else like them. Did have trouble starting 172 a couple of times but all good now, thanks for hint on leaning. Being mucking around trying to figure it out. Want real, do a landing with lots of rudder and listen to teh noises.

Just woke up to find its out! Buying in 5, 4, 3, 2 ........

My last real flight was in a Cherokee and I got to hand fly most of the route myself (i am not a qualified pilot), so this plane is special to me.

Bought it probadly one or two planes this year as c172 was nice to fly just my flaps get stuck on landing couple times but learned to land with flaps just power and yoke still easier than crosswind landings.

Im sure it works if done right but I've seen a lot of people mess up their engines doing this, so I just leave the mixture alone as its not worth the risk to me to save a little of gas and carbon build up on the plugs. I will say though that it's amazing that such details are modeled in FS pretty awesome stuff, I can't wait for a plane with a bit more speed so I can try all this out. :)

We need a rock-solid, complex single engine IFR trainer/touring aircraft. I have the C172 and flew the Warrior II RW.  Not sure I need/want another simple airplane unless it's for the nostalgia.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I was going to wait a couple of weeks before getting the Cherokee - because I bought the C172 on day of release and had a number of problems (clickspots, brakes, etc - all now resolved).

However, I am seeing no bug reports whatsoever for this Cherokee, which is amazing for a brand new software as complex as this (the maintenance etc).

So I think I will snap, and buy today.

I caved and am loving the Cherokee...definitely worth the impulse buy. A very immersive and fun aircraft complete with the depth we've come to expect from A2A's accusimmed products.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I was planning for this to be my first A2A purchase, but must say do not understand the license/pricing rationale. I have P3D2 Professional, and presumably should pay the $30 additional to get the professional license. Do not understand this rationale.  I know of only one other vendor, RazBam, who have released dual FSX and P3D2 versions, and they did not charge different prices for the "Academic" and "Professional" versions.  Don't want to be cynical, but this looks like an excuse to charge more $$ rather than a genuine licensing rationale.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I was planning for this to be my first A2A purchase, but must say do not understand the license/pricing rationale. I have P3D2 Professional, and presumably should pay the $30 additional to get the professional license. Do not understand this rationale.  I know of only one other vendor, RazBam, who have released dual FSX and P3D2 versions, and they did not charge different prices for the "Academic" and "Professional" versions.  Don't want to be cynical, but this looks like an excuse to charge more $$ rather than a genuine licensing rationale.

I totally agree with that. Why do they suddenly charge more for different platforms? With other products price is the same. It is A BIG turn off to me.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Ford v Chevy, PC v Mac...etc. Like those, Cherokee v Skyhawk they have different procedures, systems, flying qualities, quirks...etc

Ford v Chevy?

PC v Mac?

Oh i see what you are getting at. Absolutely zero comparison then..... :P

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

We need a rock-solid, complex single engine IFR trainer/touring aircraft. I have the C172 and flew the Warrior II RW. Not sure I need/want another simple airplane unless it's for the nostalgia.

Yes.  This.  Please.

I'm sure I won't be able to resist getting the Cherokee - it's just too good - but I have to admit that it would be easier if I didn't already have the 172, as I would buy just the Cherokee and have all I needed for a GA trainer.  If (who am I kidding - when) I buy the Cherokee, good as it is, the 172 will probably end up in the back of the hangar. 

Otherwise, I'm with Gregg on this one.  I would love to have A2A do a good GA complex single.  A Bonanza, or perhaps even better yet, a Mooney would be great. 

I have P3D2 Professional, and presumably should pay the $30 additional to get the professional license. Do not understand this rationale.

I would say that in part it's because you're looking at things in reverse of what's intended in A2A's P3D product license structure.  The intent is to offer a price break from the professional license for legitimate academic use.  This is a very common license structure for professional products.

Scott

I totally agree with that. Why do they suddenly charge more for different platforms? With other products price is the same. It is A BIG turn off to me.

I agree.. this is an expensive enough hobby as it is, even if you bought stuff on sale. I do not own P3D.... but I don't want to buy something now, that I will get hit with paying for again, if I make the switch. I don't have to buy a new DVD when I switch from the living room to the family room TV.

I will stick with products where I know I am safe (like Orbx)... It's a shame, because A2A makes top notch stuff. But then I will maybe be open to them after the switch, if I ever make it.

Yes.  This.  Please.

I'm sure I won't be able to resist getting the Cherokee - it's just too good - but I have to admit that it would be easier if I didn't already have the 172, as I would buy just the Cherokee and have all I needed for a GA trainer.  If (who am I kidding - when) I buy the Cherokee, good as it is, the 172 will probably end up in the back of the hangar. 

Otherwise, I'm with Gregg on this one.  I would love to have A2A do a good GA complex single.  A Bonanza, or perhaps even better yet, a Mooney would be great. 

I would say that in part it's because you're looking at things in reverse of what's intended in A2A's P3D product license structure.  The intent is to offer a price break from the professional license for legitimate academic use.  This is a very common license structure for professional products.

Scott

Yep, second that. Even something as simple as a C182, or something more off-the-wall such as a Bellanca Super Viking. Something faster and IFR capable but still with steam gauges would do me great!!!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Well you guys are really missing out on the Cherokee. Simply stellar depiction of the real aircraft, but that is no surprise being from A2A. But besides that, there is something simply magical with this bird, and fps performance is excellent. If your a GA and steam gauge fanatic like me, this is a no brainer.

I personally have no problems throwing all my money at A2A, they deserve it.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I would buy just the Cherokee and have all I needed for a GA trainer.  If I buy the Cherokee, good as it is, the 172 will probably end up in the back of the hangar. 

this is my dilemma.

as good as the 172 is, instead of FSX > P3D rebates, I wish I could get a trade in on my A2A 172 for the A2A Cherokee!

because i know that when i get the PA28, the 172 will not get used.  prefer low wing.

Plus they delete topics that criticize the licensing. I love A2A for that they do but this is definitely a turn for the worse. I don't like it when companies try to double-dip their customers, and I don't see why I should buy exactly the same product twice, should I decide to use both FSX and P3D at some point.