Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

A2A Cherokee is here!

I still prefer the Realair Legacy - complex / IFR or VFR / touring or practice approaches - fast - Has superb "atmosphere /feel" - RXP capable.

Otherwise yes a bonanza or fast mooney from a2a would be great.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Plus they delete topics that criticize the licensing.

Jigsaw, everyone inside A2A thrives on criticism.   Many of our hires were former customers that offered the best criticisms.

The Lockheed Martin licensing questions on our forum are merged into one single topic, and stickied on the top here:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40152

Scott.

If your a GA and steam gauge fanatic like me, this is a no brainer.

Im with you - cannot wait to find the time to buy,DL and try it out! It looks amazing. Well done A2A (...again!)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Used ones (in current annual status and ready to fly) can be had for $30-40K ... hmmmm ... glad I got this A2A version just in case I need to learn it.

I think both the C-172 and the Cherokee are great aircraft ... I'm sure there is a little cashing in by A2A on P3D customers, but if it helps keep A2A going and they invest those extra $$$ in more products, then I'm fine with the price of P3D product version.  Time will tell how our "investments" pan out.

When LM moves P3D to 64bit, I doubt any 3rd party provider can run the "Professional" band wagon as I doubt very much LM will be bound to any ESP agreement given the significance of code change (effectively a new product).  Of course, that doesn't mean the price of the 3rd party products will change any ... which I'm also fine with so long as profits are re-introduced into more development of aircraft and support.  But we need to keep in mind this market is still VERY small ... serious development work in small markets usually means increased product cost because of low volume.

But I'm a software engineer so obviously I'm going to be bias towards other development projects that provide opportunities for growth in my field even though I'm not directly involved in any 3rd party content provider projects.

Happy flying!

Cheers, Rob.

Jigsaw, everyone inside A2A thrives on criticism.   Many of our hires were former customers that offered the best criticisms.

The Lockheed Martin licensing questions on our forum are merged into one single topic, and stickied on the top here:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40152

Scott.

I stand corrected. I could find my entries that went missing in that thread. Sorry for that. 

There should be some kind of notification when topics/postings are getting moved. Apart from creating misunderstandings like that it makes it hard for people to find their ongoing discussions again.

Many folks ouside of FS would call what we do boring since we aren't blowing things up or racing each other.

So true, in fact this happened to me last night. Little sister walks over while I was initiating the preflight check on the Cherokee, and says, "I want to try!!! Oh wait, nevermind, boooooring"  I was like, what???  Ok, go back to and watch your mind altering reality shows... :lol:  :rolleyes:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I don't think the pricing structure is confusing.  LM markets P3D as professional level flight training software intended for flight students and professional pilots.  A2A also makes professional level flight training P3D software intended for flight students and professional pilots, so why shouldn't their pricing structures match?  

If you are a flight simulation hobbyist and are going to use professional flight training software for entertainment, it is up to you to decide where you 'fit' in their pricing structure which is intended for academic or professional use.  

Also from a tech support standpoint, if you use FSX, you pay are essentially paying for your FSX tech support when you buy an FSX addon.  If you use P3D, you are paying for P3D tech support when you buy a P3D addon.  If you use both FSX and P3D, you should pay for the tech support on both.  If I sold software for both PC and MAC, I would sell them separately, each for X price.  A bundle would be X+ price because I would be charging for the extra tech support.  If I have to spend extra time hunting down bugs in both MAC and PC for the same user, I would charge for it, like any tech support person would.  

Anyway, enough of that, if you like a Cherokee, get it, if a Cherokee isn't what you are looking for, don't get it....do what makes you happy in this hobby.  I have a feeling a Comanche/V35/Dakota type project is next on the A2A list, but who knows, they might surprise us with something else..   Heck, maybe A2A would upgrade the Civil P-51 to include the same preflight goodies as the 172/Cherokee, then you would have an excellent high performance GA with all the trimmings.

Cheers

TJ

I have a feeling a Comanche/V35/Dakota type project is next on the A2A list, but who knows, they might surprise us with something else..   Heck, maybe A2A would upgrade the Civil P-51 to include the same preflight goodies as the 172/Cherokee, then you would have an excellent high performance GA with all the trimmings.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28870

Thats 2 singles in a row, stunning planes but to sloooow, I will stick with the real air Duke V2 until A2A produce something a bit more exciting

ZORAN

Be one plane, I do buy this year. I own A2A c172 too like the maintenance part of it and the fact you have to use rudder and yoke to fly, but simple engough to land on short flights. Got photoscenery and ga aircraft as my main payware items. All never buy airports or commercial planes as I am flying in rural Iowa and Minnesota with airports in Fairbult and blue earth, clear lake, mason city all short vfr flights.

The night lighting is beautiful, functional, and at realistic levels.

Not so fast buster :-)....it doesn't have the 3d taxi/landing lights that illuminate the ground while looking out of the cockpit, unfortunately.

Not so fast buster :-)....it doesn't have the 3d taxi/landing lights that illuminate the ground while looking out of the cockpit, unfortunately.

You might want to qualify that with the reason ;) A2A struggled with the click spot issue until they determined it was the 3D landing lights built into the model that were causing it. They turned it off in the Cherokee to avoid the issue and keep customers from experiencing that bug, but hopefully they can at least release an optional download to re-enable it for those who want it.

Scott said they would consider optional 3D light for the next core update, so we shall see. The clickspot issue was a big deal for the 172, so they take the 3D lighting with caution.  

However in terms of cockpit night lighting brightness, the Cherokee is great.  Lots of options between the gauge back lighting brightness settings, radio light, red light, and dome light.  A lot of times in addons, I find the night lighting is pretty but unrealistically bright.  During real night flights, you want panel lights to be as dim as possible.

Cheers

TJ

Considering they just released the new core update with this plane I wouldn't expect another core update for quite some time though...beside's, he may also decide against including the extra model with 3d lights. They should really remove that feature from their sales page at the store.

The interior lighting is nice alright, but what's the point when you can't see anything out the window like in the real thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuID8dqc8bw

or here:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExLhD2ojWZQ

Considering they just released the new core update with this plane I wouldn't expect another core update for quite some time though...beside's, he may also decide against including the extra model with 3d lights. They should really remove that feature from their sales page at the store.

The interior lighting is nice alright, but what's the point when you can't see anything out the window like in the real thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuID8dqc8bw

or here:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExLhD2ojWZQ

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. You CAN see outside, but they certainly aren't as effective as the newer style lighting.

By the way, the A2A store does not list the Lotus style landing lights as a feature. You probably saw the "3D lights 'M' " which are the light cones effect, not the landing light ground illumination.