Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

A few images

Great photos. I want to say that is a Cutlass II but the body looks to stretched. Is it a Centurion?

Alabeo has labeled it as a CARDINAL II. The add on comes with both a retract and non-retract versions with wheel pants.

Buying this tonight - looks very nice - thanks Tom

Rich Sennett

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nice post Gregg - thanks- have not picked it up yet tweaking P3D right now

Rich Sennett

One thing I'll be keenly interested to know is does the DME work in the 530...and how the 530 is in general.  I'd want to run the plane in P3D at some point.  I just need the knobs to work so I can put in a Direct To.  Unlikely I'd be entering a flight plan in it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

"One thing I'll be keenly interested to know is does the DME work in the 530...and how the 530 is in general.  I'd want to run the plane in P3D at some point.  I just need the knobs to work so I can put in a Direct To.  Unlikely I'd be entering a flight plan in it."

Gregg I will e-mail you tonight on this - so we can go thru it - thanks

Rich Sennett

One thing I'll be keenly interested to know is does the DME work in the 530...and how the 530 is in general.

The 530 doesn't really have a DME, the RW GPS unit is simply approved for use in lieu of a DME using GPS position and database coordinates.  Distances won't quite match those you'd get from a DME, as they're not slant distances to a ground station, but they're close enough to be allowed, especially on approaches that include a DME component since you're at low altitude.

If you've got a 530 in another plane (a Carenado in particular), this one should be pretty much the same.  Sorry, in my case I use the RXP 530 (and the new Cardinals do support RXP 530 integration), so I don't recall what the display differences are between the actual Garmin and the typical FSX GPS based implementations.  In the RXP 530 and RW units, distance to a tuned nav station can be quite prominently displayed.

BTW, the RXP integration tool only exists in the fixed gear folder, but it does appear to work in both fixed and retract planes.  I think. 

I say I think because I ran into a problem last night getting any avionics to turn on.  I think this is unique to me and simply a classic FSX initialization problem.  Most planes I fly have avionics masters and even though my default flight always loads the default 172, my system seems to be stuck with the (non-existent in the 177) avionics master off.  Had limited time and patience last night, so I haven't gotten to fly the new Cardinal yet.

Scott