Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Sunderland Flying Boat missions

Bought this on the Memorial Day sale at Just Flight. Installs and runs fine but the missions do not work properly.

Sound files are there, Mission loads ok but the script does not get activated properly. For example, the plane loads with the engines running, everything on in the startup procedured tutorial mission. And commentator does not speak at all.

Anyone have a fix to this or experience this?

Only had it happen once when I downloaded a free Mission from Aerosoft and didn't know that i had to be running Acceleration to use it.  Same scenario with engines running but no commentator or mission compass.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well I do have Acceleration installed so I don't think that is the issue.

I assume that since the Mission doesn't respond correctly, you then hit Escape to end it. 

After hitting Escape, does it look like the proper ending for a Mission or does it look

like you ended a Free Flight?  The ending screen of both are very different.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It does end like a Mission.

After further messing around, if I manually shut down the engines then reload the flight. I do barely hear the commentator sound. It is very quiet, talks fast and lamely synthesized. I was expecting more of an actual startup tutorial. This 'thing' just barks out 'welcome to the sunderland tutorial' 'prepare for takeoff roll' ' takeoff' immediately after loading the mission.

I've now edited the SunderlandTutorial.flt file with False so the mission loads with engines off and I can actually hear something. Voice sound is set to max btw in menu options.

LeftMagneto=False
RightMagneto=False
GeneratorSwitch=False

Sounds like you may have it going!  Good luck on the Mission.

Charlie Aron

Not really. Next problem, there is no flight plan and the mission compass/pointer does not turn on.

How am I suppose to know where to go?

One last thought before I recommend getting your money back.....Have you ever deleted

or moved from your Sim any default aircraft that you maybe thought you didn't need or want?

The Mission may be looking for a default aircraft as AI.

Charlie Aron

More info. Now I find out that the compass magically appears once the aircraft has taken off.

Now I think I'm good to go. Still need to edit the audio files' volume level so I can actually hear what the heck the robot is saying.