Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

New GeFroce drivers...

This morning I had a popup on my desktop from nVidea with a link to upgraded GeForce drivers.  I downloaded and installed it and it made quite a difference.  

Yesterday it took me 90 seconds just to boot up FSX and get to the selection screen.

This morning, after installing the new drivers, I'm booting up in 15 seconds and after selecting an aircraft and airport ready to fly in another 20 seconds

nVidea leaves a link on your desktop to optimize games.  When you click on it it searches for your installed games and optimizes them.  However not all games are supported.  While it optimized FSX it would not optimize my FS2004 or Trainsim installations.

Noel.

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

What was the Nvidia driver version number please?   This interests me. 

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I downloaded and installed these new drivers.  They seem to work well but I didnt experience any faster boot, nor did the optimizer find FSX.  I went through all the games listed in the tool and FSX was not listed. Am interested in how your version found FSX?   I do have mine on a separate drive, but if the tool scans registry to find compliant games and locations it shoulda found mine.    i was also a little bit surprised it did not find steam nor my TS2014 set up.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I really don't know how it found it.  My FSX is on my main C Drive which is an SSD.. But the performance increase was significant.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.