Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

A2A Piper PA 28 Cherokee 180 (module Version 1.2)

Try using the default A2A input configurator and assign the AP Disconnect to your joke button in that and see if it crashes then, funnily enough I am using the configurator for this function already and it doesn't crash. I've not tried it through Linda though and I have no intention of causing fsx or p3d to crash intentionally, I've already learnt that lesson in the past with files getting corrupted requiring complete reinstalls.

Cheers, Andy.

After 7 years i still did now a complete FSX fresh install. :rolleyes:  Hard work taking lots of time to do things as correct as possible. In case of other users have the same result assigning AP disconnect button via LINDA that leeds into a FSX CTD, this function should be disabled in the next Cherokee- Module update.

My target is to assign as much as possible via FSUIPC/LINDA/Ezdok deleting the relevant standard FSX assignments prior. I do not want to run into trouble mixing too much assigning via FSX, any aircraft configurator tools and FSUIPC/LINDA.

At the moment only the general elevator trim function for every aircraft i have assigned within FSX to be flexible with trim speed.

Any assignments in the A2A Cherokee configurator (look in the Start> All Programs> A2A Simulations>, etc) only apply to the Cherokee so its not going to interfere with any other aircraft you have, so long as you have nothing assigned to the same button in fSUIPC or Linda when using the 180 you should be fine. I'm sure if Guenter can replicate the crash problem he will fix it.

I don't keep PC's long enough to not reinstall, 18 months is the longest time I have gone without upgrading my PC and by upgrading I mean changing motherboard and CPU etc, so a complete reinstall is the only sensible option, trying to migrate a Windows install to new hardware is not advisable unless you are only swapping out like for like components after failures etc.

Cheers, Andy.

think about to check if "AP Disconnect"- command is correct. Getting FSX CTD when assigning this function to a yoke button.

No problem here on my side ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Module Version 1.1

v 1.0 --> v1.1

added baro_mode to function InitVars: -- 0 = inHG, 1 = hPa, 2 = mmHG ... default is 1, hPa
added EGT Ref
fixed NAV/GPS switch

Roland, thanks for the find with the NAV/GPS switch - fixed

Andy:

I added now in the InitVars function a line with the baro_mode.

Open actions.lua and change that to your needs.

Default is now hPa

I added also EGT Ref

Your requested settings with the baro and Minimum knobs (EGT Ref, Baro, Rudder) could be done by yourself if you change the assignments. The Baro thing is already implemented in LINDA (LIB:Default FSX), same with rudder trim. You just have to assign it.

What you see currently is my prefered setup - feel free to make your own.

Thank you, guys

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Thanks for the updates Guenter, they are working good for me. Here is a new addition if anyone wants it, it allows you to adjust the pitch bar in the attitude indicator. There is no show function, 1. I could not figure out how to code it and 2. I didn't think this adjustment needed any feedback. You are welcome to improve on it if you wish.

function A2A_Pitch_Att_inc ()

local PAtt = ipc.readLvar('AttitudePlane')

PAtt = PAtt + 1
    if PAtt > 7 then PAtt = 7 end

ipc.writeLvar('AttitudePlane', PAtt)

end

function A2A_Pitch_Att_dec ()

local PAtt = ipc.readLvar('AttitudePlane')

PAtt = PAtt - 1
    if PAtt < -7 then PAtt = -7 end

ipc.writeLvar('AttitudePlane', PAtt)

end

Cheers, Andy.

It works fine on my PC, make sure you are using the latest version of the aircraft and fully patched.

Cheers, Andy.

There is no update for Cherokee so far. I tried to remap to other buttons but without success. G940.

-----

Rafal Rybinski

There is an update for Accusim though, that is the underlying brains of the A2A aircraft, so it is worth trying to update to the latest version as it may help in your case. A reinstall could help too, you would need to run the accusim update again after doing that. If you need any help with that you really need to ask for advise on the A2A forum.

Cheers, Andy.

AP Mode causes CTD. I am wondering if only on my computer.

Same Problem here on the P3D Academic Version 2.11. Only Problem with the P3D Plane?

I found a fix for the CTD when using the AP assignments.

Open the following file in a notepad editor (I use notepad++)

Modules\linda\aircrafts\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\actions.lua

Find the functions of the Mode switch and the APDisconnect switch, and in both functions, comment the "com.write" line by placing "--" before. See below. Save the file and reload the lua engine or restart FSX. Problem should be gone.

I suspect this "com.write" command tries to write to a com port for connected hardware devices like VRInsight or something alike, which I don't have. I'm only using a Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek Rudder Panels.

Hope this helps

function A2A_ApDisconnectSwitch ()

--com.write(dev, "A/T__", 8)

ipc.writeLvar("ApDisconnectSwitch", 1)
    _sleep(200)
    ipc.writeLvar("ApDisconnectSwitch", 0)
    DspShow ("AP", "disc", "AP ", "disconn")

end

---

function A2A_ApMode ()

--com.write(dev, "A/T__", 8)

ipc.writeLvar("ApModeYokeSwitch", 1)
    _sleep(200)
    ipc.writeLvar("ApModeYokeSwitch", 0)
    DspShow ("Mode", " ", "AP Mode", " ")
     -- AP Mode
     ipc.sleep(100)
    ApMode = ipc.readLvar("ApMode")
    if ApMode == 1 then ApModetxt = "ST"
    elseif ApMode == 2 then ApModetxt = "HD"
    elseif ApMode == 3 then ApModetxt = "TRKv"
    elseif ApMode == 4 then ApModetxt = "TRK^"
    else ApModetxt = ""
    end
    DspShow ("Mode", ApModetxt, "AP Mode", ApModetxt)

end

Mathieu Souphy

Wondering how i can program to i can flick a switch to turn on the gps and anothe one to turn on the radios like the Commache 250

Thanks