Sign in to follow this  
HighFlyer310

Strange Problems

Im posting this here because I cant seem to figure out the source of the issue.  This started happening to me out of the blue, I didn't change anything with the sim or in general with my PC.  Below is a video I made of the problem.. there are two points in it to highlight.  The first is at 1:30 during startup.. things get goofy.  The other is toward the end, just after takeoff when the FADEC switches to CLB thrust.. this is the meat and potatoes.. very weird.  I took the video in the NGX so I posted here, but I seem to be having similar problems with the 777 as well... at least the engine/sound issues, havent noticed the weird artifacts in the VC.  I tried a full reinstall of both birds as well as a rebuild of my fsx.cfg with no luck.  I guess my next step would be a reinstall of the simulator which i'd prefer to avoid.  Any help would be appreciated!

Add-ons:

-Ultimate Terrain X USA

-Ground Environment X

-REX 4 Texture Direct

-Active Sky Next

-Registered FSUIPC (all controls assigned and calibrated)

-PC specs in signature

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Corrupted panel save? Try loading from a different saved panel state? ie. Cold & Dark, etc.

Just re-read what you wrote, Aren't the controls and assignments NOT supposed to be set through FSUIPC? Can't remember for sure, and can't check cuz I am at work, but I think you aren not supposed to use FSUIPC for that.

(all controls assigned and calibrated)

Don't calibrate your throttle axis through FSUIPC.  Assign it and manage it in FSX.  That should solve it.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't think it's a controller problem.. I've had it set up like that for dozens of flights with no issue. Also, I tried unplugging everything and still have the same problem. I use a saitek x52 pro throttle and I use the aft detent for reverse.. Only way to configure that is through Fsuipc I believe.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I use the slider on the x52 for reverse thrust. I have keyboard shortcuts assigned in the NGX, and use the joystick's software to assign them to buttons. I never understood why no one uses Saitek's software. Works really good, and you can have 3 different profiles. That's like 3x joysticks.

Cristi Neagu

I don't think it's a controller problem.. I've had it set up like that for dozens of flights with no issue. Also, I tried unplugging everything and still have the same problem.

What position is your throttle lever in when the rollbacks occur, and how is your throttle lever set regarding overriding the autothrottle - HOLD only, Never or Always?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I don't think it's a controller problem..

For what it's worth "I don't think it's" isn't truly helpful in troubleshooting.  "I don't think" doesn't get anyone anywhere, because troubleshooting is all about trying to solve an issue either through known resolutions of past incidents (the reason I told you not to calibrate the axis through FSUIPC is that it's a known issue), or it's trial and error.

Not trying the resolution to an issue through a known fix doesn't make sense to me.  If you're here asking for help, I suggest trying the things suggested.  Otherwise, there's no point in posting in the first place.

Instead of undoing all of your work through FSUIPC, how about backing up your FSUIPC.ini and letting it rebuild a new one?  That way, if it doesn't solve the issue, you can restore the original and use your reverse detent settings.  Try and shelve the personal opinions about the process and just go with what's suggested.  You'd be surprised.  I'm not trying to be a jerk.  I'm just going on experience.  You'd be surprised at how often I heard "I doubt's that it, but I'll do it to humor you..."  Sure enough, it was what I or the team suggested.

The reason the "is your monitor/PC turned on (or plugged in)" joke exists is because it's actually a common question by the help desk that often solves the "issue."

Kyle Rodgers

To be fair, he did say he tried it with controller unplugged and it didn't help.

To be fair, he did say he tried it with controller unplugged and it didn't help.

Right.  I saw that, but that's not what I asked.  Sure, that was another step I might have asked, but that's a separate issue.

Kyle Rodgers

For what it's worth "I don't think it's" isn't truly helpful in troubleshooting.  "I don't think" doesn't get anyone anywhere, because troubleshooting is all about trying to solve an issue either through known resolutions of past incidents (the reason I told you not to calibrate the axis through FSUIPC is that it's a known issue), or it's trial and error.

Not trying the resolution to an issue through a known fix doesn't make sense to me.  If you're here asking for help, I suggest trying the things suggested.  Otherwise, there's no point in posting in the first place.

Instead of undoing all of your work through FSUIPC, how about backing up your FSUIPC.ini and letting it rebuild a new one?  That way, if it doesn't solve the issue, you can restore the original and use your reverse detent settings.  Try and shelve the personal opinions about the process and just go with what's suggested.  You'd be surprised.  I'm not trying to be a jerk.  I'm just going on experience.  You'd be surprised at how often I heard "I doubt's that it, but I'll do it to humor you..."  Sure enough, it was what I or the team suggested.

The reason the "is your monitor/PC turned on (or plugged in)" joke exists is because it's actually a common question by the help desk that often solves the "issue."

Thanks for the superfluous response there captain Kyle.  Your etiquette around here sucks and you know im not the only one to express that.  Perhaps "I dont think" alluded to the fact that I had already covered that base, sorry for being so indirect.  I posted this here to see if anybody had seen these anomalies before, not have a few words dissected for the purpose of personal ego inflation.  I wont say anything more because I have better things to do than pontificate on forums all day.

Tom Moretti

Thanks for the superfluous response there captain Kyle.  Your etiquette around here sucks and you know im not the only one to express that.

I apologize for the moderately bristly response, but it's true: when it comes to asking for help, if people are helping, you should try what they say, or directly say "I've tried that."

I can't read your mind, and I'm not over your shoulder watching what you do.  All I have to work with is what you tell me, so help me help you, because, despite my bristly reply, I would like to (thus why I continue to post here).

I know you're not the only one to express that.  I'm working on posting with a little bit more of a nice tone, instead of dead even.  The fact that I'm working on it is a lot better than you're going to get from most others.  I'm sorry, but at the same time, please attempt to put yourself in my shoes: you're trying to help someone and they say "I don't think that's it."  It sounds rather dismissive, and unwilling to attempt to try what you suggested, thus my response.

Perhaps "I dont think" alluded to the fact that I had already covered that base, sorry for being so indirect.

Sorry, but when it comes to asking for and receiving help, alluding doesn't cut it.  Be clear if you want a clear response.

I posted this here to see if anybody had seen these anomalies before, not have a few words dissected for the purpose of personal ego inflation.  I wont say anything more because I have better things to do than pontificate on forums all day.

Your words weren't dissected, and it has nothing to do with my ego.  I'm simply attempting to help you understand two concepts:

1. People can't help you if you don't give them good information.
  2. People won't help you if you come across as unwilling to try what they suggest.

I suggested - based on known issues from members in the past (directly related to your "if anybody had seen these anomalies before" point, mind you) - that you remove all FSUIPC processing.  As of right now, not a single of your posts directly states "I have tried to fix the issue by removing FSUIPC processing."

...so is it truly me who has the issue of communication?  I may be blunt, but I'm being very direct.  It is very clear what I'm asking of you.  All I ask is that you be very clear about what you're doing in return.  Otherwise, I have no clue what to try next.

Have you, or have you not attempted to remove all FSUIPC processing?  What you are seeing has been caused by FSUIPC in the past, so I'm not just asking you to do this as a random shot in the dark.

Is anyone else with me on this, or am I being completely unreasonable?  Serious question.

Kyle Rodgers