Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

EFASS now conatins a WX engine for X-Plane

Guest Mik75

I just downloaded the new update for EFASS and started a flight, when I saw this:

copxaff2qav5eeez1.jpg

This is the first weather engine for X-Plane 10!

I am on a FSE flight, and since one has to install a plugin to allow EFASS´ "Ultra WX" to inject the weather into the sim, I´ll have to wait until my current flight is finished!

I don´t want to get too excited, but this looks quite promising!

I haven´t read a single word about that yet!

P.S.: I just had a look at their forum, where they show some pics of the weather engine in action, and where they state that the tool is primarily developed for XPX and is still in beta!

The screens look very good, even winds aloft get injected.

Guest Mik75

It really works! Installation went flawlessly and the results look really promising. I won´t have the time for further testing and flying tonight, but I´ll definitely want to see how it looks at different altitudes. I am really excited! ;-)

Here are some pics for you (10.25, default clouds with 20% cloud puffs):

copyn9nlxpsdnqki5.jpg

copynim2qcc1156j1.jpg

copynro8v1y5ddzd9.jpg

copyo1b2ty77wxxsd.jpg

copypogil6vcdwvnx.jpg

copyq7fagcbwrbzv1.jpg

Thanks Mik75; Looks promising, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Interested to hear some comparisons w/ SkyMaxx.

I have that running on my 10.3b1 and it worked *wonders* for my framerate (positive wonders that is).

Interested to hear some comparisons w/ SkyMaxx.

I have that running on my 10.3b1 and it worked *wonders* for my framerate (positive wonders that is).

SkyMaxx is not a weather engine. I just tried the new weather engine, not sure if its because I'm running 10.30b1, but the winds seemed like I was in hurricane.

2014/05/27 22:51 KORF 272251Z AUTO 24011KT 10SM FEW055 31/18 A2989 RMK AO2 SLP120 T03060183 TSNO.

Guest Mik75

I didn't recognise any crazy winds yesterday, but I haven't done any in depth testing yet. I will do for sure tonight!

To point it out once more:

Guys, this is the first weather engine for X-Plane 10! That's something we all just waited for quite desperately, right?

And for a very fair price (way less than the typical prices for MSFS weather injectors), you get a fantastic flight planning tool, a moving map with loads of available information and so much more on top!

The developer was too quite for some weeks, seemed to be completely vanished, no support no updates, etc. But now they are back, more active than before and I really like what I see so far!

So.. what I've heard over there that there was still needed for laminar to open-expand its SDK for this to be possible is not exactly true ? I'm confused :blink:

True, but the most recent beta of XPrealWX is from April 29th -- okay, already one month old, but you can download and use it. :-)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

EFASS weather engine has been updated to include limiting the visibility when METAR reports 9999 (10 km or more)!

+ Added visibility settings in UltraWX
+ Bugfixed Fuel/Time calculation
+ Added Ramzzess 777 export plugin
+ Added FlyJSim 737-200 Template
+ DOW is correctly displayed in the flightplan
+ Climb/Cruise/Desc distances are displayed
  in the flightplan

It's montly fee or just one-time buy ? can't find the place to buy it on the website...

It's a one off fee and the option to buy will appear once the 14 day free trial as expired

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png