Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Strange Landing Lights

Landing lights at night changed to the default fsx lights even ryan from PMDG says something is not right. anyone have the same thing?

Vernon Howells

I can't say I share tour problem, but...

Simply using the word "strange" as a topic title isn't exactly going to tell people what's going on in here.

click on it to find out its a forum buddy

seems to be working now for some reason 

Vernon Howells

I'm just saying. A decent topic title might "lure" in quite some more people, willing to help.

Who knows, if you get it fixed, and post the answer, someone who has the same problem in the future might find your topic, and the answer, if you used a decent topic title... buddy.

Of course, if you'd like to see an entire subforum full of "strange, weird, abnormal, is this normal?, never seen this before", be my guest.

these are the default lights i'm been getting 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l9o9t0ne3s4qh9/2014-5-27_19-2-17-411.BMP

Hi Vernon

I also have these lights in only one situation: if I'm using real weather with Opus or another weather addon. 

The reason I believe is that it (the weather addon) "simulates" a light fog, causing the light is not as "it should be".

If I remove the real weather the lights automatically return to "normal".

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi christiano i use ASN was in gatwick today with hazey weather and changed it to night maybe that triggered it with the haze? am going to run it now infact and try diff weather buddy :)

PROBLEM SOLVED thanks to christiano you are the man i tried it at night with no weather and then set it to foggy and the lights changed as you say thanks man ;) even though this post had been criticised.

Vernon Howells

even though this post had been criticised.

Vernon

No one was criticizing the post. The topic "strange" was the problem. Someone searching for a solution to a problem like yours would never enter "strange" as a keyword is the search feature.

Ah well i've found why its doing it never mind. I'll know next time guys!

Vernon Howells

PROBLEM SOLVED thanks to christiano

You're welcome, Vernon. I'm glad it worked out. As I said before, I believe this is due to the weather addon, and has nothing to do with the NGX. Just like when you're driving in the fog and headlights fail to illuminate the ground directly.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

To be honest its pretty cool adds more to the realsim what was all the fuss about lol

Vernon Howells

I wonder if this is a limitation of FSX or the NGX, or is it because of the way weather addons interact with FSX... which in turn would be an FSX limitation, i guess.

Cristi Neagu

Just have to get use to it guys don't really mind it infact something new to look at :)

Only problem i have now is not hearing the engines spool up during start through my speakers my headset is perfectly fine

Vernon Howells

So i would just like to confirm this.

Using the NGX and ASN, i was able to replicate the problem consistently. When setting ASN to 9999 visibility, the landing lights would show properly. On setting any other visibility value (even 20SM), the lights would go to the default texture.

I wonder if this will be addressed in SP2....?

Cristi Neagu

I wonder if this will be addressed in SP2....?

My bet would be no.  I honestly never see this, so my bet would be that, despite it being reproducible on your machine, there's something else at play.

You might want to submit a support ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com to see what they say.  If it's a legitimate issue, that's the way to get it included in SP2 (never assume your issue will be addressed in a SP - if you find what you think is a legitimate issue, open a ticket, otherwise, how are they to know?)

Kyle Rodgers