Sign in to follow this  
jpc55

GPS in the panel

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me to use the  GPS panel in the CCDlx, which I do, especially in the mountainous terrain, I have to turn on the interment light because with out them on the map is so bright that I can't read. What say you?

This is with them off.

2014-5-22_10-58-41-573.jpg

And this is with them on.

2014-5-22_10-58-57-376.jpg

Or is it just me? :lol:

Does anyone out there find the Flight GPS panel very useful?  (compared to the GPS in FSX) 

If you can get FSWidget's GMap, it's a lot better. If you can use dual monitors, it's really pretty good. (but the free GPS in FSX was still better)

The Flight moving map displays airspace and waypoints if you declutter a couple times. It's certainly not as useful as the Garmin in FSX, but it's better than nothing.

I have come to the point of using it on all mountain flights. Here is how I have my controls setup that works for me. I have a Saitek yoke, and for a button assignment on it, I have #1 assigned to the spacebar (which is what I refer to as my autopilot), #12 is assigned to Camera: Free look (This is Lock Spot View in FSX), #13 is assigned to Camera: Cockpit, and #14 is assigned to Eye point (Reset). With this set up I am able to use the GPS as a good visual aide. Other than that, as Tom said it is in no way comparable to the GPS in FSX. With some luck maybe in the future we will. Now I’m am running a 37” HDTV as a monitor,  that sits about 3’ in front  of me, so I have a good size view, and  maybe that why I am able to  use it. Here are so SS and think about them being on my size monitor.

2014-5-28_2.jpg

2014-5-28_1.jpg

2014-5-28_3.jpg

2014-5-28_4.jpg

This picture was taken with my camera.

2014-5-28_5.jpg

Looking at my JPEG photo's, they look a little better then the ones in the post.  

Now for the best. I Tried to catch up with Louis is get a SS of him going under the bridge there in Anchorage, but I was dragging anchor.  But I saw him doing a 180° turn so I thought he would be coming back thru, and I was able him on the return.

2014-5-27_6.jpg

2014-5-27_7.jpg

Now for the Very Best. I came into Flight and I see ATM and PaPyCouCou both at Quzinkie (4K5) so I move my plane to the location hit fly and land and taxi over to the ramp. I’m going to park next to ATM and to do so I need to make a 180° turn, I have full left rudder and brake on and pore the coal to it, it’s barely moving so I pull back on the throttle, ease up on the break, and all hell breaks loose. That me upside down behind ATM Plane, HOW EMBARRASSING! I look at my throttle indicator on the HUD, and it looks like a bouncing rubber ball. “Out comes the can of contact cleaner!”

Jack_parks.jpg

This is probably all of the abuse you will get out of me today.

Good flying to all!

Me going under bridges again? What a surprise! :lol:

I also flew through downtown Anchorage between the buildings at street level. Great thrill.

Best regards.

Luis

Really nice Screen shots there J.R.

Steve