Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

More Multiplayer Madness

Alliteration, love it! :lol:

I got that "toast" thing, or whatever they call it when it pops up at the bottom of your screen and goes ding! Steve was in Flight.

So, I joined his session, spotted his plane on the Map and teleported over there.

Spotter_05_zps7382a51e.jpg

Yes, he was just floating in mid-air, not moving much, maybe a small bounce now and then. Now, you can do this when in the Cub when there are strong winds - hover like a helo (more alliteration!). But, no winds in this session, so what's up?

Like Jack mentioned, these are small issues with Multiplayer. Steve was in the Map mode probably deciding what to do next, and in the meantime, the Cub that he left on this small island decided to float in the air until he was finished. :rolleyes:

No problem, I decided to wait for him while having some fun on the river.

Spotter_06_zps7d2f5f9c.jpg

Getting the dirt off my tundra tires. :lol:

When I went back to find Steve, his Cub was gone. Seems he had teleported himself to Hawai'i, so I followed him to Honolulu and flew under some hangars and so did he!

Spotter_07_zps7babe758.jpg

I usually fly alone so don't really know what to do in Multiplayer with... people, so after a while I made some lame excuse so that I could leave the session. And so did Steve. :lol:

But, I shall persevere and go bother him again the next time I get his "toast" on my screen.

Best regards.

Luis

Feed the cats, Right! Well, I know what you mean Luis. Gave me a chance to try out texting, thanks. :lol: My wife was calling me anyway.

Steve

Hey guys. I've done a lot of short 5 minute multiplayer sessions that are really fun. Some of those 4 plane canyon runs on Kauai are a blast, then go for a burger mission, and done.

The cats.

gatosencocina_zps2645b82d.jpg

Always hungry. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Those cats look as if they are a handful!  :lol:  All three seem to be having a great time, well,  two of them seem annoyed...and the other looks as if he's going to eat the camera.

Tonight the guys were flying around Hilo so I headed up to Rainbow Falls. There are 3 bridges in a row there, count them, 3! :lol:

So, off I went and some of the guys followed. Here is Jack approaching:

Multiplayer_01_zpsf32fc24d.jpg

He makes it under the first bridge.

Multiplayer_02_zps86daa5af.jpg

No problem with the second and headed for the third.

Multiplayer_03_zpsdd8fca11.jpg

He was successful. Me, I crashed! :rolleyes:

Multiplayer_04_zps66ea6204.jpg

Still a ways to go before I am a Master of Destruction, though.

Later that evening, crazy Jack decided to land on the cruise ship's helo pad!

Multiplayer_05_zps4dec1a68.jpg

Nothing can stop the guy. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis

Jack, did you notice if your "unique airport" count went up when you landed on the helo pad?  Actually, I have been stuck on 726 unique airports for a long time now.  I'm wondering if there is one out there I have never landed at?  Does anyone have a higher count than 726? 

Yesterday afternoon I went into Flight and find that Steve is HOSTing a session. I see that he is 2000+ nm from me, so I relocate my RV to Hilo and do a flyby and I see him parked there.

2014-5-29_15-59-7-770.jpg

I land and park (safely) next to him. I get out of my plane and walk out in front of us, turn around and take a SS of are two planes. Still no response from him, so I think he is in the local coffee shop grabbing a cup,  so I go out and practice some more inverted flight.

2014-5-29_16-6-16-40.jpg

A little later I changed to the 51 and do a low level flyby.

2014-5-29_16-29-39-249.jpg

A little while after that I landed the 51 and change to the CC to do some slow flying, then stop back by to pop another SS of us, then to the air again for more practicing.

2014-5-29_16-38-2-639.jpg

I’m out buzzing around the airport, when I notice that Steve’s aircraft is the headed down the runway for takeoff, and that Louis has just entered the session. I’m watching Louis when Steve comes buzzing by me and gives me a free haircut, and I toke up pursuit.

2014-5-29_17-53-18-353.jpg

There were two planes in the session that appeared to be dog fighting over the bay there, so we had five of us flying around there for a while. The HOST, Steve ended the session, so whoever was left was transported to their own HOSTed session. I immediately went hunting for ATM’s session. His session was set up for night, and I did not catch the weather setting, but I had a 19kts. wind indication. He was parked at Waimea-Kohala (PHMU) so he was not up flying. Louis was there also and we just flying around when I not noticed the lit up helipad on the ship at the dock.

2014-5-29_18-17-8-790.jpg

I can land on that. I once landed on one of the oil rigs helipad in an 18kts wind, so I was sure I could do it here. At the oil rig I was not able to take back off so I ended up in Davey jones locker, but I was going to give it another here. As I’m watching, I’m watching, I full flaps down, and the wind is very slowing pushing me backwards. When the tail wheel gets close to the railing, I lock up the breaks center spot view, firewall throttle and make it into the air with surprising ease. GOOD FLIGHT!

2014-5-29_18-18-42-993.jpg

Well until next time, have fun!

J.R.

Enjoy the Mulitplayer function whilst it lasts!

Have a safe flight. Over.

Jack, that is one beautiful shot on the Helipad at night. Sorry I ran out of time just when it was getting really interesting. At the moment I am parked next to Tom in Unalaska. There is another RV also there, upside down. Hoping to get some air time tonight. Being retired is a full time job.

Steve

I need some Air Time tonight too.  Hope I get a chance.  The DJI Phantom is waiting also. (oops, wrong forum) .  The weekend is looking good so far!   

I remember in the heyday I would host a full sessions, with people coming and going all day. (but many hanging around for hours) It was kind of like throwing a party: being a good host, being attentive to the needs of your guests, accommodating requests and egging along flagging conversations..... There were regulars that could always be counted on to show, sometimes several times a day, and impromptu party games, mock dogfights, canyon excursions, aerobatics and stupid pet tricks like mass landings on unlikely objects....

Kicking jerks........

Could be kind of exhausting too, now that think about it.

But Fun.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just reread my post, and down at the bottom I noticed I starter getting sloppy with typing errors. I want you all to know that it was me wife's :April: fault! She was pressing me to get ready to take her for her du (hair appointment). I'm 100% innocent, and to prove it I polished my halo, and then the horns that hold it up. :LMAO:  :Devil:

Tom, I just went and checked my Pilot Profile and under Landings I have a total of 1,424, and under Unique airports 122. I will run a test and get back to you on that. :p0504:

It's a good day to fly.

J.R.

More of the same craziness in Multiplayer.

Jack was parked on the apron and convinced that I had buzzed him from above, but I saw him floating in the air and flew under him! :lol:

Spotter_08_zps6d1db7ff.jpg

Spotter_09_zps4c526d73.jpg

Very funny bugs!

Best regards.

Luis