Sign in to follow this  
oskiatl

Taxi Cam

No multiple signals from the team already indicated that it is not possible to make a 3D taxi cam with the effects of the aircraft stretched this far already.

I too would have traded some effects for the taxi cam though

You need to read better before replying next time my friend.

Let me help you out by qouting some pieces in order to make it understandable:

'When you activate the cameras- you will get a 2D popup of the external cameras screen.  In it you will see the airplane (live, animated, in real time) and you will see the world surrounding the airplane.'

'and we cannot get them to appear on the screens natively within the VC.' 

I hope that when you read the OP's question again and my first reply that you will now understand that what i said was correct, yet not very ellaborate

It's not an issue of trading as if this were animations.  It's an issue of technical feasibility and stability.

Kyle Rodgers

No multiple signals from the team already indicated that it is not possible to make a 3D taxi cam with the effects of the aircraft stretched this far already.

Has nothing to do with effects/animations. The only possible way this could be done in the VC is by hacking the low level DirectX graphics stream, which is what VRS did to enable this sort of thing on their F/A-18. There are stability and upkeep problems with doing this - AMD or Nvidia making a change to their drivers, releasing new cards, a new version of Windows coming out etc can break the way it works.

The way we did it involves 3 additional views with an additional partial external model and it all pops up in a 2D window. It's very hard on performance and we've stated that several times (the FSX world is being rendered 4 separate times to do this). It's there if anyone with a supercomputer wants it but honestly I would just go out and use spot view.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I would just go out and use spot view.

Best way is to set up a tail cam view in EZDOK if you have it. I've been using my for taxing all the time. Just too limited in the VC sometimes in FSX.

tailcaKDENpmdg777.jpg

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I don't think you even need EZDok to set up a tail cam view like that.  I'm pretty sure there's one in the default camera viewpoints...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

There is. I just adapted it for my use. B)

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

Actually if you notice in the real world the camera is positioned under the belly where we see the rear wheels and the front wheel. 

Is it possible to set a default camera position out there that can be viewed from one of the external views ?

I would like to try that view other than the tail view.

Bilal Asif Khan

Is it possible to set a default camera position out there that can be viewed from one of the external views ?

Yes (by the way, there are multiple locations for those taxi cameras - it's not "right or wrong" here...)

Kyle Rodgers

Has nothing to do with effects/animations. The only possible way this could be done in the VC is by hacking the low level DirectX graphics stream, which is what VRS did to enable this sort of thing on their F/A-18. There are stability and upkeep problems with doing this - AMD or Nvidia making a change to their drivers, releasing new cards, a new version of Windows coming out etc can break the way it works.

The way we did it involves 3 additional views with an additional partial external model and it all pops up in a 2D window. It's very hard on performance and we've stated that several times (the FSX world is being rendered 4 separate times to do this). It's there if anyone with a supercomputer wants it but honestly I would just go out and use spot view.

Most of the stability problems come when doing special post processing effects from what I can tell. However a simple image transfer is not likely to give as many stability problems. Most of the work in this case is on the DirectX fixed function pipeline(ie the C++ side) so video card drivers and such aren't really the cause of problems. If they were then I would expect FSX to stop working completely.

The other big cause of problems is rogue d3d9 dlls that have been modified for special effects like the ENB mod (although this one apparently doesn't give issues unless improperly set up).

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I have the VRS and there are people how have problems (very low end cards) but for any one with a ok gpu it is solid it worked great on my old NVIDIA 310.

Getting a texture from DirectX does not cause any stability at all - maybe there is a misconception here. The only complexity and delicate part is to code it, which if done correctly it's safe and works without any problem.

(the FSX world is being rendered 4 separate times to do this).

This is true, 3 cameras = 4 times repeated rendering (3 cams and the main view).

Federico Sucari