Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

ILS problems...

Guest Flybyme

Ciao to all,I'm doing the IVAO world tour 2005 and i noticed that on some airports FSNavigator gives ILS freq for the rwys...When I tune the radio on that freq I don't get the ILS egaged...While on final it gives me nothing the "freq disagree" and finally at 50 feet to touch down I get the ILS working...It happened landing on rwy 07 at LGPR....Any clue..???Please try it and let me know...P.S. I fly with the 737-700 PMDG and on the FMS I don't get the ILS freq...just the hdg...CiaoPaco

I cannot find a LGPR airport in the FS9 database. If you are refering to LGPZ runway 07L then you were flying the NDB published approach to the airport with the FMS.There are alot of airports in FS9 that have a ILS associated with the runway but do not have an Initial Approach that is associated with the ILS (non-published ILS).You must tune to the proper ILS freq 110.9 for runway 07L at LGPZ and use a 30 degree intercept angle within 27 miles of the runway heading.This will lock the Localizer and the the Glide Slope properly to fly the non-published ILS.However, LGPZ has and additional problem in that the Localizer Transmitter is sitting to far to the right and when you land you will hit the control tower.Use the AFCAD program to drag the localizer symbol (large green triangle) over on top of runway 07L. The GP is OK. Once again this info is for Aktion AB (LGPZ) because LPGR does not exsist.

Guest Flybyme

Sorry, my fault ..I ment LGRP......!!!!What do u mean by:"There are a lot of airports in FS9 that have a ILS associated with the runway but do not have an Initial Approach that is associated with the ILS (non-published ILS)"??Does this means that on FSNAv I do see the ILS path and frequency but on FS9 it does not work????It's strange that I tune on the freq and do the approach following the PAPI and don't get any indications from the localizer....Only at allmost 50 ft from touch down the ILS locks....Please try it..Paco

I checked the default FS9 LGRP rwy 25 and the ILS worked OK. The Localizer came alive at 28 miles from the Airport/VOR and the GP went high at 22 miles from the same PAR VOR.When you look at certain airports they will have a ILS. That does not mean that there is a published chart that the GPS receiver will load/activate/lock onto in GPS switch mode. This is because there is no approach data written in the FS9 runway approach database APxxxxxxx.bgl.Some country's do not give Jeppesen approach chart information but only the information that says a ILS exsist. Because there are no waypoints available in the database then you can't depend on a GPS type receiver to fly a automated approach. You must select and fly a heading that will intercept the ILS about 20 to 27 miles from the runway. LGRP does have a published IAF and FAF fix for rwy 25 in the database but LGPZ does not.

Guest Flybyme

Jim, thanx a lot for your help...!!!I did understand the reaso why I couldn.' lock on the rwy 07 ILS...Simply because there is no ILS on rwy 07...So I locked at 5o feet the ILS of rwy 25 while landing on rwy 07..;o)Thanx ciaoooooooooooooooo